Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cullahill Roundabout

Options
  • 17-12-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Here is the video of the roundabout by night.

Its not very good but will give people who havent seen it an idea of what to expect.

As I said if I travel it by day I will try get a better video.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Post of the day!

Thanks very much for that, FIRE. I'd love to get more of the new road schemes on Youtube. I'm really looking forward to seeing your daytime videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Thanks Furet.

I have the Southbound journey from roundabout to exit 7 going at 120km/h to give people an idea of how long it will take, but it will be better in the daytime.

It's over 1gb aswell so will have to reduce it for youtube. (which I will try have a go at soon)

**The camera was mounted on the dashboard so if it goes in and out, I had no control over it.**

:)

Looking forward to seeing that. I haven't driven it at night yet. I hear it's like a runway though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Furet wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing that. I haven't driven it at night yet. I hear it's like a runway though!

A fantastic runway... ;)

Thanks for the video FIRE. I clearly demonstrates how cluttered the end of the motorway is. The positive, I suppose, is that the carriageways remain divided up until the roundabout, so there is little chance of a head-on collision, but that bit of narrow D1 is not capable of safely holding many vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Actually I think in this case the mountain of clutter is good - at least it'll make people slow down.

• Advertisement

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjzazjycu53

Above is a 16-minute video of the stretch. It was recorded on AVI and was originally almost 1GB in size, but in order to upload it I had to cut it back to only 15MB. The quality declined a bit as you can imagine! Still, it's not too bad. The video begins a few hundred metres south of junction 7 and continues to just shy of where FIRE's video begins. It covers about 38km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

nice one :D Gonna post these elsewhere if thats ok, Skyscrapercity forum people have been whinging about lack of updates.

nice one :D Gonna post these elsewhere if thats ok, Skyscrapercity forum people have been whinging about lack of updates.

Go ahead, no problem. It's a shame I had to compress the file so much; the original is very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Yeah no problem from me either chris. :)

What about the music furet???? But a great video no less. I had a bag of crisps that I couldnt eat while I was recording LOL. ;)

Advertisement