Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss drunk on duty

Options
  • 17-12-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello all, I quit my job about three weeks ago, as I was sick to the teeth of working the night shift with a team lead who was drunk and abusive. I told the company when I left, gave them some indications of how to check these allegations. They are now saying I should provide more information. My stance is that when his calls are monitored they will speak for themselves, in that whoever listens willl get an idea of how abusive this man is. I provided some dates for calls they can monitor.
    Turns out, they knew all along this man had a drink problem, because the company paid for him to have treatment several years back, yet they claim, I have to prove the allegations of this man being a drunk.

Any advice would be appreciated.The Union CWU is involved.

Im just so annoyed, that they knew all along this man was an alcoholic, and never checked up on him, and left the staff who worked with him suffer.
    Im out of a job, because I couldnt stick his behaviour anymore

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You're out of the job now, forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

You're out of the job now, forget about it.

+1

Or co-operate with them if they agree to hire you back in his place. + payrise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Horrible situation, but you handled it badly. You should have complained to HR before you quit. They could have done something about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the replys.

happy christmas.

Advertisement