Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ECU problem with Opel Vectra

Options
  • 17-12-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 99 reg Opel Vectra with 125,000 on the clock.

The engine management light has come on and I have taken it to a main dealer. I have been told that the ecu needs to be replaced. Cost - labour approx. €150 +VAT and part is €1080 + VAT. Otherwise the car is in good shape but is now beginning to lose power.

I asked a knowledgeable friend who said that an ECU doesn't come as a spurious part and that it is type specific for the car engine. Also he says that the keys have to be re-programmed etc...

Any suggestions as to where you could get a cheap job done - quote is pricey for the value of the car.

Advertisement