Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended UK Online shops

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

It seems now is a good time to buy from UK

I am looking to buy my first DSLR...

Do u recommend any online shops that would ship to Ireland?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

warehouse express bought my KM 7D of them and my a200. Cheap and always willing to beat a price from another website. Also one of the places you can ring and speak to a real person at the end of the phone. Delivery took three days to four days via courir in both cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

how much did they charge you for delivery? they quoted me £35 which i though was a bit much. Will they price match on that as well?

/edit
    just read their website where they state delivery price is included in the price comparison. interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

When i bought my a200 off them, i had a look on amazon before that - there price was over £40 cheaper including priorty delivery. I sent an email to warehouse express to see if they'd beat amazons price. Recieved an email two days later sayin the will give it to me for 25% cheaper than amazon including delivery to ROI

Edit: i also noticed after I got the a200, they droped their prices though still not lower than amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I have bought loads from Warehouse Express and delivery has always been £35. Delivery takes about 4 days. Have had no problems so far!:). Would recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blade912

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

7dayshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Used calumet recently and no problems.
    Advantage is they are also in Belfast for any 'tricky' issues in future

at 92c its hard not to look over the web

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Bought my new D90, flashgun & 70-300 VR lens from Jessops. Excellent service, very helpful.
    The website would not process irish orders so had to do it over the phone but had everything in 2 days, ordered last monday and had it xmas eve

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I too used Jessops to buy my D300. It was the same price as other online shops at the time but they had a 3 year accidental damage insurance in the package.

No problems with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I got a 450D from 7DAYSHOP.com I heard a few people say they had a few problems with them but my experience is very good with them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement