Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Investigates

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch Prime time investigates last Monday night?
    The theme of the show was poor customer services and largely focused on telecom companies.
    NTL
    Vodafone
    3 Mobile
    Magnet
    Smart Telecom
    and a few other got very badly exposed for there lack of customer services.
    02 and Sky were not mentioned
    Interestingly during the mid-interval break guess what two companies had back to back adverts???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nothing new revealed. We all have stories to tell about their obnoxious customer service but I think NTL are particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

personally

i never had problems with vodafone

very good customer care imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Can't remember what the exact vodafone problem was but it was only a small thing when compared to the other companies featured, guy ran up a hige bill by roaming abroad and they cut off his phone, then reinstated it only for the same thing to happen again. Then they wouldn't let him port his number to another company. Real annoying for the guy involved but the other companies had shocking stories.

3 Mobile, Meteor, NTL, Magnet & Smart Telecom had the worst problems by far. At the start I thought the whole thing was gonna be about NTL, they were featured 3/4 times in a row, they could actually make a whole series about them they're that bad. I have plenty of problems with them regularly.

I'm not surprised o2 weren't mentioned, I think they're pretty good but I'm sure there are some stories.

Prime Time were actually posting in consumer issues forum a few months ago looking for people to tell they're experience.

Hope they feature some banks, rip off hotels with poor service and Quinn Direct!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is a long thread on this in the Broadband & the Consumer Issues forums.

Why can't we get a regular series like the 'Look Here' programme hosted by Marian Finucane that was on in the 90's. Is RTÉ afraid it might affect advertising revenues?

Advertisement