Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was a segment missing from last nights episode on RTE2

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Lst night PB went from the guys seeing off the General & getting into a van. Next think Michael is in a airport (?) and the others are meeting Self. Did RTE cut out a huge chunk as the programme didn't seem to flow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I thought that myself and having looked it up yeah they cut out a good five minute slice of the episode. It didnt fit right at all and with the stop-starting of viewing (chmpions league interfering) i regret not following on sky 1 now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The wife is a regular watcher and I even noticed it while not actually paying much attention to it if you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LittlePiggy

Hi people. I got this reply from RTE, in case you are interested:

following is the outcome of the investigation into the missing footage on this week's episode of 'Prison Break'.

"On investigation, when the master copy supplied by the distributor was compared to the edited copy used for transmission, a discrepancy of five minutes was found. The distributor’s master copy has ‘built-in’ commercial breaks, far in excess of our requirements, and in the process of removing these breaks a mistake was made in the editing process.

We regret the annoyance this has caused our viewers.

We have critically evaluated the omitted section, and viewed the next episode to assess if there are any continuity issues arising, and are satisfied that no such issues arise. As a consequence, we believe no good would be served by repeating the programme.
    We sincerely apologise for this mistake."

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eddie-n07

Hi people. I got this reply from RTE, in case you are interested:

following is the outcome of the investigation into the missing footage on this week's episode of 'Prison Break'.

"On investigation, when the master copy supplied by the distributor was compared to the edited copy used for transmission, a discrepancy of five minutes was found. The distributor’s master copy has ‘built-in’ commercial breaks, far in excess of our requirements, and in the process of removing these breaks a mistake was made in the editing process.

We regret the annoyance this has caused our viewers.

We have critically evaluated the omitted section, and viewed the next episode to assess if there are any continuity issues arising, and are satisfied that no such issues arise. As a consequence, we believe no good would be served by repeating the programme.
    We sincerely apologise for this mistake."

I cant believe this rubbish!

As regards continuity issues this is bull****

We dont know how they got away and why michael was supposed to be handing scyla over to the company????

Id say there is more than a few "continuity" issues here

Such a critical part of the entire story is how they finially got away with scyla!!

F***K RTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm glad I switched to Sky 1 HD for Prison Break now. I would have stuck with RTÉ if they had kept ahead of Sky 1 HD as they show less breaks too and are at more naturally occuring points in the episodes. Of course the benefit of switching to Sky 1 is seeing PB in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

eddie-n07 wrote: »
    I cant believe this rubbish!

As regards continuity issues this is bull****

We dont know how they got away and why michael was supposed to be handing scyla over to the company????

Id say there is more than a few "continuity" issues here

Such a critical part of the entire story is how they finially got away with scyla!!

F***K RTE!!

You should tell RTÉ

Advertisement