Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming fun!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Every now and then ( normally when i am feeling bad about the lack of photography i am getting up to ) i like to make these threads and find out what people are up to with regards to projects and what they are looking forward to doing.

For me, i have one big project that i am really looking forward to. I will be doing a series of shoots with people with various levels of Body Modification ( piercings, tattoos etc ) with a mind to putting together a 15 to 20 piece set. Very much hoping to capture not just the work they have done but a bit of the person themsevles in each shot and will decide what i want to do with the finished pieces then. If it is up to any decent standard i might shop around for somewhere that would be willing to show them! You may have guessed i like to set my targets high!

Very much looking forward to this as i have been given access to a very decent studio and lighting set up and a couple of interesting toys that i plan on taking full advantage of!

Other than that, i am still enjoying my first Christmas as a Photographer, a mate of mine has asked me to turn him into a Jedi Knight and i have one or two other things on the back burner as well, mostly based around high performance cars!

Sweet!

So, what are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Getting my head around my first slr is the main task for the next few months.

I have been thinking of asking to climb a crane in town and taking some pictures from the top. Don't know who I'd need to ask though, and I get vertigo past 7 foot, so mightn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've decided I work better when I have a project or a purpose to my photography. With that I mind I've undertaken to do a project with a 20-24 piece set, with (fingers crossed) an exhibition. On Night photography it has a working title which will probably change by the time I get to the exhibition. I have a friend who is will to help me once I get to the exhibition stage.

I've pretty much decided it will be mostly film based but again that is subject to change. I have a few bits and bobs to organise but I have already been out and about scouting possible locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

TPD wrote: »
    I have been thinking of asking to climb a crane in town and taking some pictures from the top. Don't know who I'd need to ask though, and I get vertigo past 7 foot, so mightn't work out.

That might be difficult, as I think you most certainly need a safepass card, next is to write a nice letter to the project manager (find out his name) have a chat with the foreman on site. If all that suceeds you'll probably have to sit through the most mind numbing 2 hour safety induction. Trust me I did it recently in the end it was too windy to climb the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

At the moment im trying to research the posibilities of an "urban exploration" style project in Glasgow.
    I need to give myself more focus in the New Year, as i am also applying to go back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Friends of mine recently had a wee baby and habe asked me to do their baby & family shots. I think its surrendering to the inevitable. I used to take pictures of other things too :-(

Also, while on maternity (or paternity ... Whatever ! ) occupied building my 8x10 camera, hopefully will get a few shots up before new years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I want to do some more of the fantasy photomanipulations that I have been doing; I want to put a calendar together of about 12 of them per elven's thread a week or so back.

I will also start work on my own book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

My card is fairly full.

Heading up a project to photograph Kilmainham Gaol in the early months of 2009 with an exhibition set to open in late March.

Organising a day out of practical photography for the people who did the last Beginners Class & joined DCC

Also working on a Boards Photography Exhibition with Calina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I am taking delivery of a new model sometime in January and am planning on taking a picture of him/her everyday for the first year of his/her life!

Have an idea of a project following an inter-county hurling team for the whole championship season, training in January to heartbreak in June.

Another season of Eircom league action and a European adventure with Derry City!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've an assignment to do, no deadline but don't want to wait forever to do it. Have to pick a subject and photograph it in natural light every 30 minutes for 6 hours. I'm finding it a bit daunting in trying to think of what I'll do and making sure I don't waste my time with it because with the dark nights it only leaves me with the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

im lookin foward to getting my hands on the 40D my otherhalf bought me for crimbo..

My resolution to take more portraits and go to more gigs to take pics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I am taking delivery of a new model sometime in January and am planning on taking a picture of him/her everyday for the first year of his/her life!

Have an idea of a project following an inter-county hurling team for the whole championship season, training in January to heartbreak in June.

Another season of Eircom league action and a European adventure with Derry City!

DK, those first two are very, very interesting. Can't wait to see what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm looking forward to not shooting as much over Christmas. Though I'm sure family will nab me for all the little sh*ts in their christmas gansaí's...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

hehe, I tried this with my oldest child a few years back. We lasted 5 days I think before she got hacked off with it....good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I was just thinking that the first is probably going to preclude any time free to indulge in #2 :D

But yes, for gods sakes don't turn into me !

Advertisement