Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Tipperary - local info needed.

Options
  • 17-12-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi all

I have recently emmigrated to Ireland from England to be closer to my husbands family with our 8mth old son. Currently staying with Father in law.

We are near to Carrick - on - suir and Clonmel and I was wondering whether you lovely locals could give me a few pointers on things.

I am currently a stay at home Mum (who is job hunting too, but still trying to get used to not working) and was wondering what there is to do round here for me and little one (hubbie works nights so it would be good to get out of the house occaisionly so he can sleep in peace.)

I like to meet some people my own age with / without children whose activities dont involve a pub (as obviously I will be driving lol).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 daisychain

Welcome to Tipp!

Both Clonmel and Carrick have mother and baby groups on weekday mornings - details are often in the South Tipp today, a local free paper that comes out on a Wednesday morning.

I don't know Clonmel too well but Carrick has a leisure centre, a musical society, a drama society, a tennis club and a few other things. In the car park in Carrick in between the Fairgreen market and Presentation primary school (opposite playground) there is a community resource centre that has lots of info on local clubs and classes

HTH

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi Fran79 and welcome to Boards.ie, Tipperary and Ireland :)

May I ask where abouts you live, I'm pretty much half-ways between both towns also (when I'm at home) - Kilsheelan/Ballypatrick and can aks my sisters who both have small kids what there is to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    thanks for the info Daisychain.

Ponster - I am on the border of South Lodge and Grangemockler near the Clonmel / Kilkenny main route (sorry the road number illudes me at present).

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cool :)

I'm at the crossroads on the road to Clonmel where you turn right for Kilcash Castle :)

I'll see what I can find out....

Advertisement