Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we don't have any record of you working for us!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I worked on a 6 month IT contract in 2005 through an angency, when i requested an employment reference i was told that:

"don’t have any record of you working for us during the period specified"

Am i not entitled to get a reference?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Who did you request the reference from? If the company you worked for they are correct, your employeer is the agency not the company. If it is the agency then show them a payslip or similar to back up your claim.

The one thing to keep in mind would be if you ran the contract as a business then the person to give you a reference would be yourself as you're hired by your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can't give yourself a reference even if you were a self-employed contractor!
    That's ridiculous - a reference is supposed to be objective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

ambasite wrote: »
    Am i not entitled to get a reference?

No, you do not have an entitlement to a reference.

If I were you, I'd contact your old manager (assuming she still works there) and explain the situation to her.

Advertisement