Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alone over christmas

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey i am off to china for the new years ,but will spend a good deal of the christmas alone before hand, Do not get me wrong i am not brooding over this i am looking forward somewhat to the peace and quite,
    but god there must be a huge amount of people alone over christmas so how about organising a few nights out in different towns to simply mingle chill and not packed into some over priced night club .
    You guys recently seperated or away from your kids on christmas day my heart goes out to you.
    Ladies in most cases you are with the kids but believe me ,the dad not allowed see his kids on christmas day is a broken man.
    I have never experienced this but my best mate did.. so people lets all bring some joy to anyone we know who for what every reason is alone at christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Not sure what forum you meant to put this in. But it's not one for the Media Interaction forum.

Moving to After Hours.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wish I was alone this christmas. Beats fúcking working for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I dislike xmas so much I'm purposely working on it.

And you'll all be able to watch me on webcam too... I'll be sure to stick up a link on the big day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I dislike xmas so much I'm purposely working on it.

And you'll all be able to watch me on webcam too... I'll be sure to stick up a link on the big day.

Wow. It's quite rare to get a cam whore that works christmas day. I'll be tuning in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye I'm working 12 hours on the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th.
    Bad medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I have three full days off work before I go back to school on the 8th january. Sucks.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Aye I'm working 12 hours on the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th.
    Bad medicine.
    I'm off Christmas Day but in pretty much every other day that week.

Edit: @Bob - That really sucks. At least you'll have plenty of mulah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

im working till 8am christmas day then i got a 2 hour drive home, :(

jackncoke wrote: »
    That really sucks. Have some thanks to make up for it. Do you even get St Stephen's Day off?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yes,im off until Monday ,will prob end up sleeping most of christmas day tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭albert-bundy

This became working over Christmas rather than alone over Christmas.or are you all working because otherwise you are alone ? except the essential service people of course (and yes bar staff are included)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sorry dude, I already have two loners staying at mine for Xmas... No more room :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

jackncoke wrote: »
    * Plays Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea to help cheer you.

I purposely chose to spend Christmas without my family. I will most likely get up at some stage and just saunter around most of the morning and early afternoon and try not think about things too much. Will most likely be slightly pissed by 2pm. If I am feeling social I will go to a friends for a BBQ and drink some more piss. Christmas depresses me sometimes :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

That really sucks. Have some thanks to make up for it. Do you even get St Stephen's Day off?

i'll plus 1 that badboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭albert-bundy

lets organise a few sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

OP, have you thought about going to a Boards beer?

Advertisement