Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHORUS - arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else around have Chorus as there digital tv provider?! Does anyone else find it a s**t service??!!

No tv tonight, and no tv all day, gone for a number of hours yesterday too! Back at Halloween it was gone for about 2 days, customer service is a joke! Not that I'm a tv addict or anything, but its nice to be able to sit down at night and watch a bit of tv and enjoy a service that is being paid for! :rolleyes: No fear of them giving a discount or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Your best bet is to cancel your direct debit with them and leave them!! They are an absolute disaster!! They were shown up for how crap they are on Prime Time Investigates last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I do.

Sometimes it drops the connection for second or 2 but its been ages since the station went completely. The guide wasn't working on one of our boxes but we got that box replaced and its fine now.

Just got broadband with them too and I've no problem with that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Does anyone else around have Chorus as there digital tv provider?! Does anyone else find it a s**t service??!!

No tv tonight, and no tv all day, gone for a number of hours yesterday too! Back at Halloween it was gone for about 2 days, customer service is a joke! Not that I'm a tv addict or anything, but its nice to be able to sit down at night and watch a bit of tv and enjoy a service that is being paid for! :rolleyes: No fear of them giving a discount or anything.

chorus are same as ntl correct?

if so ring up customer billing service and complain about s***e service. We did and got 3 months at half price. Their broadband lately has been a bit ****e. Think we'll have to ring and get some compensation for that. Their customer service is really hard to get into but their billing department isn't. When you get through threaten to drop your account and say the rest of the family are going to drop theirs and you're sorted :):P

**hope i don't come across as dodgy but hey, their service at best is mediocre when it come to digital tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

stick-dan wrote: »
    chorus are same as ntl correct?
    Correct. They go as UPC now as far as i know. Useless Pack of C***s if you ask me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still no TV! :mad: Customer service a joke, 'plug out your unit, take out the card, blah blah blah'. Neighbours TV is gone also, so its not a faulty unit.

We'll be switching to Sky after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

i used to work for them belive me its crap,,,,they use to have a policy if you worked for them you got if free,,,,I still wouldnt take it of them ,,,I was working in enniscorthy and a guy said somthing to me that made me piss myself laughing,,,,,DO YOU WORK FOR THE POORMANS SKY,,,,AKA Chorus,,,lmfao,,,
    The best thing to do if you ring and tell them you want it out you are not happy with the service they will get a manager on to you and they will offer you free service,,,maybe a month or 2.
    Ring the sky installers in the town or go to fair green and ask them how long for the insilation if they can give you a service before christmas take it then when its in ring chorus tell them you have had enough,,,that way you have tv over the christmas

Advertisement