Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat 500

Options
  • 17-12-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

What gives with the Fiat 500?? all the rave reviews by the UK mags about its cuteness,MINI beating quilities and cheap prices I haven't seen one on the roads in Ireland (or the UK) .
    Has any one had a spin/test??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've seen quite a few; took one for a test and its a LITTLE bit small for me (6'4" ish, and drive a different, very small Fiat). Nice car otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Every one who wants one is waiting to buy one for half nothing second-hand like all Fiats .......even the good ones.

Afraid Fiats and Ireland = :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

A white one near where I work and its pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've seen a good few of them around, mostly base models in both Dublin and Cork.

One Abarth in Clontarf about 10 days ago. Strangely my gf doesn't like them at all but I think they are a cracking little city car.

fiat-500-abarth-rear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

18k+ ain't cheap, really, for a nice one.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I've seen a good few of them around, mostly base models in both Dublin and Cork.

One Abarth in Clontarf about 10 days ago. Strangely my gf doesn't like them at all but I think they are a cracking little city car.

fiat-500-abarth-rear.jpg

oh crap, that's just the one I'd like !!

btw - why do 'we' car if the GF likes it or not ? There's always the bus if she's so 'bothered'.......:D :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 64,777 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There's loads out there. I'd love to drive a sporty one for a day. Brilliant package. Italian small car design at its best, the same as more than 50 years ago. Although MINI beating it ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Am I the only one here who thinks the 500 is an extremely girly looking car? I actually wouldn't be seen dead in one tbh.

I wouldn't say no to the Abarth model though:D! It certainly is not girly looking!

As for the reason why it doesn't sell - it's because it's a FIAT - if it were a Toyota on the other hand there would be a waiting list of over a year for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

galwaytt wrote: »

btw - why do 'we' car if the GF likes it or not ? There's always the bus if she's so 'bothered'.......:D :D

Yup, that was my response too :pac:

To be fair though it's a competitor for the Mini which in its base models is as girly as the Beetle. Mini only gets better/acceptable for me as you move up the ladder towards something resembling the one owned by Ned78.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

E92 wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who thinks the 500 is an extremely girly looking car? I actually wouldn't be seen dead in one tbh.

I'm "allowed" drive girly cars and still think its a girly car :D

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who thinks the 500 is an extremely girly looking car?
    yes
    I actually wouldn't be seen dead in one tbh.
    ...indeed, under the front of one do ya ?? :D
    I wouldn't say no to the Abarth model though:D! It certainly is not girly looking!
    ....oooh, er, very Me, Myself and Irene, that. Does this make all non M3 3-series 'gay' cars. Ok, then, that's a yes :p:p
    As for the reason why it doesn't sell - it's because it's a FIAT - if it were a Toyota on the other hand there would be a waiting list of over a year for one.
    ....ok, now you are confusing me.........time for another pill, methinks....Toyota - the Company That Can Do No Wrong...... ;)

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

fiat-500-abarth-rear.jpg

Apologies for quoting but when I scroll down I want to see it again!

If god forbid my current car was stolen or written off this Abarth would be the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

whats with the two tail pipes, to let off the fumes from the 230bhp monster engine...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

whats with the two tail pipes, to let off the fumes from the 230bhp monster engine...?!

Ah, nothing like a bit of symmetry to add balance and keep things pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

160 bhp from a 1.4 is pretty good going anyway methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I had fully made up my mind that my next car would be a GTV 3.0V6 but every time I see that little Abarth I gets to wondering...fantastic car.

Advertisement