Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hole in bumper

Options
  • 16-12-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

My sisters car has a hole in the bumper from crashing into the towbar of a jeep . she has her driving test on monday . will this have to be fixed by then or will it be fine to do the test in ?

ill try get a pic up to show use

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Has the hole in the bumper affected anything? Like lights etc? Or is there anything hanging off the bumper?
    If no, then she should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

not thers noting hanging off or anything and it hasnt affected anything its just a hole

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

byrner88 wrote: »
    not thers noting hanging off or anything and it hasnt affected anything its just a hole

Yeah it should be perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

thanks , her driving instructor told her it would need to be fixed but i didnt think so ill try get a pic up to show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

byrner88 wrote: »
    thanks , her driving instructor told her it would need to be fixed but i didnt think so ill try get a pic up to show

No, she's grand, as long as the car is roadworthy it's fine.
    If the tester asks, it's a 'speed hole' to make the car go faster...:D (Homer Simpson job)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If I can find photos somewhere, the physical state of the car I did (and passed) my driving test in needs to be seen to be believed (NINE body panels were damaged beyond repair, replacement needed really). If the car is working and roadworthy, a hole will not matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

The only thing you would have to be careful of here if the edges of the hole are jagged!

Basically if you hit someone is there scope for the damage of the bumper too cause more damaging injuries (Sharp edges etc).

If this is not the case then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

You never know what type of piss ant of an instructror you might get on the day or what kind of mood he or she would be in,iv've heard all kinds of horror stories of testers refusing to carry out tests,if i was you i;d cover the hole with a small piece of gaffer tape or if you can some packaging tape the same colour as the body.

Advertisement