Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose,please

Options
  • 16-12-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Well I'm planning on spending a bit after xmas but I'm not sure what exactly i should get,I have a sigma EF500DG super flash and I'm considering upgrading it to the 430EX MKII which will be most of my budget,or I'll just buy a new 50mm f/1.8 and extension tubes(MF ones for a bit of fun) and save the rest for a new lens sigma 70-200,or canon 70-200 or sigma 300mm f/2.8 depending on if i get a summer job next year.

Well currently:
    I really like sports Gaa,Rugby,Motorcycle racing and Rally's and I'm building up a portfolio quiet hard with a 90-300mm f/5.6 especially for flood lit sports

And my only work(photographically speaking) was in door or in need of a fill in flash..

I have a 50mm f/1.8 but it was dropped and broken,really don't like using MF and would like another AF lens but this is mainly as its cheap and fun..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Save the money and put it towards the 70-200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Yeah I reckon you should save it too, at the end of the day a better flash is not going to help you with long distance shots that are causing you hardship!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Well I'm planning on spending a bit after xmas but I'm not sure what exactly i should get,I have a sigma EF500DG super flash and I'm considering upgrading it to the 430EX MKII which will be most of my budget,or I'll just buy a new 50mm f/1.8 and extension tubes(MF ones for a bit of fun) and save the rest for a new lens sigma 70-200,or canon 70-200 or sigma 300mm f/2.8 depending on if i get a summer job next year.
    get the canon 70-200
    I have a 50mm f/1.8 but it was dropped and broken.
    I thought it was eaten by a dog? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

get the canon 70-200

I thought it was eaten by a dog? :pac:
    No the dog knocked it off my bed onto the floor :D

Yeah ok think i'll do that then,alot of saving to be done

Might aswell remove sigma flash then :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

get the canon 70-200

The sigma 70-200 will do the same job. I have one and it's sharp as a tack. Save your spare money for the 430EX

• Advertisement
Advertisement