Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on "Strobist" setup

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm putting together a little "Strobist" kit for myself and was just wondering about a few things.

1) I have a 580EX mkII at the moment, but plan on getting two 430EX mkIIs to compliment it. If I get 2 Pocket Wizards (1 for camera and 1 for the 580) can I trigger the 430s using the 580 safely enough, or will this introduce any kind of latency in triggering the 430s?

2)Anyone know anywhere online where I can get some decent/cheap light stands that extend to about the 8/9 foot mark?

Any other advice/suggestions any you experts have would be welcome too :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Pocket wizards are quite pricey, if they are in line of sight then the 580 will fire the 430's, Calumet in Belfast do light stands and probably Barker Photographic in Cork too. There shouldn't be any latency with either solution

Advertisement