Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature Tripod -where & what to get?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a miniature tripod with flexible legs, one that can wrapped around railings, lamposts, etc. It will be used on D70 so it needs to be reasonably strong.

I'm based in Limerick and tried Savins but no joy whereelse could I try, will be in Dublin in the next few days so can try there.

Is there anyone in particular I should get or more important is there one I should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

think what your looking for is a gorillapod,not sure if it would support the weight of your camera though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Don't go near gorrilla pods
    Bought one in the uk as i forgot my tripod,was only £13(reduced)was the SLR one but with my 20D,batt grip and sigma 20-40 f/2.8(quiet heavy)it couldn't handle the weight
    so i took it back

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

looks like i was right about the weight
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Don't go near gorrilla pods
    Bought one in the uk as i forgot my tripod,was only £13(reduced)was the SLR one but with my 20D,batt grip and sigma 20-40 f/2.8(quiet heavy)it couldn't handle the weight
    so i took it back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

7days shop has them. However I prefer alloy mini tripods and velcro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭phog

ThOnda wrote: »
    7days shop has them. However I prefer alloy mini tripods and velcro.

How does the velcro work or is it a case of just wrapping around itself, the tripod and the railing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have a Gorilla Pod .... works fine on my D70S & my D300 with the 18-200 VR fitted.

I got the largest one & bought it from the 7dayshop.

Advertisement