Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I'd love to talk printing, I really want to find out where to get the traditional old style prints done, where the picture is almost textured but its not laminated its just the print. My sisters film wedding photos are like this and I love them but would love to find somewhere that does them digital not print laminated.

My uncle used to run a camera printing shop, I dont see him often enough to get details from him but obviously that contact is now gone as digital put his business under a lot of pressure and he bowed out and as I get more and more into photography I want to know where is best. Currently my favourite is actually mypix as they are now using the washable prints, i.e. spill tea, wipe it off and its still grand.

I'd love to see if there is somewhere local offering those prints but also the more reliable old style prints where I can go in / or send my file and collect ot within 24 hours.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stephen Crozier has a great service, I dont know if he does this but he would certainly know who does.

For me I use Hardly Normal for larger runs and large prints, they work out very well for me. I havent used any of the textured prints or even looked into it as a print in a clean frame imo still looks best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

do ya maean matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Well yeah I suppose the textured style is kinda matt but it isnt exactly smooth finish iykwim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

sounds like you mean some of the fine art papers

they can give you a close to but not quite similar finish

it does kind of depend what they are for and the kind of image being used

give me a shout if you want some help

Advertisement