Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on where to sell

Options
  • 16-12-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So i'm still relatively new to trading and selling guitars online or anywhere for that matter. I put my baby up for sale on adverts the other day but it hasn't seen much love. Does anyone one know any other places I can sell her? I'm saving for a Ibanez Jem 555 and need the cash as soon as possible as I have one on hold. I was thinking about cash converters but I heard they give pittence in exchange. Anyway, any ideas on places to sell for newbies:confused: Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well for a start you have made 6 comments on your own ad in under 24 hours, that, to me, would make me turn away to be honest. you're not going to get a sale in the first 2 days! Patience is the key. And pardon my ignorance but is it an Epihpone? The pictures of the guitar are poor, looks to me like they were taken in a dark room with a flash that really doesn't do anything for the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

id suggest trying to upgrade to a higer end jem, the comparison is uncanny to the lower 555

and not sure, maybe do a straight swap trade in for the jem!? theres a couple in xmusic, i was there the other day, including the 20th aniversary one.. if u feel like spending 5k on a jem that is there was a couple though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its only been up for 2 days so its a bit early to be getting impatient.

Also your pictures are bad, and people shouldn't have to drag these things out of the seller. There are counterfeit Zakk Wyldes around, so you'd want clear pics to encourage interest.

Also go easy on the bumps or someone (me :pac:) will report you. Bumping non-stop a couple of times a day just encourages bump-wars, and is unfair on other sellers. And is against the rules.

Also, the Jem555 is crap and overpriced, don't bother. Get a Japanese RG (higher quality) for the same price, or a Korean RG (same quality) for much less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr.Yes

All right, sorry about the bumps, i updated the price twice and added the cube so I just left a quick message in case anyone had already seen it. I'll update my pictures tonight and wait. Can you tell me why you think the the Jem 555's are crap though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Mr.Yes wrote: »
    Can you tell me why you think the the Jem 555's are crap though?

It is built in Korea to the same standard (ie neck/fret finishing, trem quality etc) as the Korean RGs but is priced around the same (or higher!) as a good Japanese RG (much better trems, better neck etc).

So you are paying way over the odds for a guitar that is not particular high quality. You're basically paying for the name and a silly hole cut into it. Waste of money.

yup what Mr. Voodoo said

Either get the nice 777 jem or similar high end jem or a high end RG instead of the 555, its like an unwritten law for ibanez guitars, 555 isnt worth it for the price

theres a new Jem coming out thats a hard tail... or at least Mr. Vai isnt telling us what "H--- T---" means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr.Yes

I'm getting a deal on it though which is the main reason for my interest. It'll be €650 with a hard case, the trem was changed to a lo edge pro trem too like. Would I be able to get something better for the price still?? Cheers for the advice lads

i take it its a new jem? cause if its second hand it doesnt sound to good! but either way the 555 is way overpriced to begin with

you could get a nice high end prestige rg which is better, or even get a really nice 2nd hand j custom

but thats just me, if i was set on getting a jem id get the proper thing, the 555 is just not worth it + the tree of life inlay is only on a small section of the neck, looks ugly having both dots and the inlay and it, but everyones different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

the trem was changed to a lo edge pro trem too like.

Are you sure its a Lo-Pro Edge? I've always been under the impressed that the Lo-Pro Edge wouldn't fit onto a 555, at least not without a bit of routing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I'm getting a deal on it though which is the main reason for my interest. It'll be €650 with a hard case, the trem was changed to a lo edge pro trem too like. Would I be able to get something better for the price still?? Cheers for the advice lads

Waste of cash for the 555....even the J Craft Vai Ibanez is way over priced too. It is now about €1700, but a couple of years ago, it was about €2500.

The best way to go is an RG1570 with pickup change to D'imarzio.
    You can find one brand new on www.gak.co.uk ,brand new with jem case for under €600. A couple of Dimarzio's from ebay for €50 each new also.

The hardware on the 555 is cheaper korean quality, cheaper woods and the workmanship is pants. Any Japanese Ibanez these days have Gotoh tuning heads, Edge Pro bridge and Prestige neck etc. The Korean made 555 doesn't have anyof those things and is generally crap.......

You would never put the 555 in the same class as any Japanese Ibanez. Even the old models floating around on ebay.

Advertisement