Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to online showcase? Flash Slideshow?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I'm putting together my own website for photography and possibly one for DCU's fotosoc in the coming months and I was wondering what is the 'best' way to display pics on a photography website.

My last attempt just had the pictures one after the other and the viwer just scrolled down to view them all, however I'd rather have a Flash Slideshow; I reckon it's perhaps the most attractive and easy way to show off pics. Would anyone have any better suggestions?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial for dreamweaver? I've been using Frontpage up until now, so I can't seem to get my head around DW just yet. :o

I doubt there's any HTML code for such a thing? I'm quite the noob at website design, but if there is, I'll give it a bash!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

photoshop has half decent templates, chuck photos in and it throws out the page in flash, ok for something like that. flash and quality don't mix too well, prob why photographers use it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭nilhg

Lightroom can do all the heavy lifting for you, lightroomgalleries is a good place to start.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Lightroom is dead handy for building galleries (Flash, HTML, etc).

The Adobe support website has some free tutorials on Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.. Always well worth checking out.

Advertisement