Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online UK retailers

Options
  • 16-12-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I am considering buying a D90 with 18-105 lens. In Ireland they are approx 1099 euro. On komplett it is 968 euro but the uk sites seem a good bit less and with sterling rates the way they are its a good time to buy.

I am wondering who you would recommend that ship to Ireland and provide warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi Richie,
    Dixons Tax free seems the best value, if you or someone you know is coming back from the UK. Dixonstaxfree.co.uk is the site.

NJ

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Only €836.15 on dabs.ie (actually in the UK!).

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=58LW&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=d90&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Just bought an Olympus SP-565 from them, no bother at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pixelscribe

richieg wrote: »
    I am considering buying a D90 with 18-105 lens. In Ireland they are approx 1099 euro. On komplett it is 968 euro but the uk sites seem a good bit less and with sterling rates the way they are its a good time to buy.

I am wondering who you would recommend that ship to Ireland and provide warranty?

Hi, why not try the Northern Ireland? Many of the shops are offering a parity rate £1 = €1. Give some of the shops a call or check out Jessops site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

D90 and VR for £621, D300 body for £787, about 700 and 880 euros respectively. Might even be worth a short trp to Birmingham.
    I believe they honour the warranty in any Currys or Dixons store.

NJ

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Has anyone ever used cameraworld.co.uk?

Do jessops ship to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Haven't used either mentioned. One other to consider is warehouseexpress.com, based in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Warehouse express is good - it is one of the few places that you can ring up ta talk to someone real at the end of the phone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Is there any issue getting stuff shipped from N Ireland or UK in terms of VAT or Tax?
    Anyone used Calumet in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

shepthedog wrote: »
    Is there any issue getting stuff shipped from N Ireland or UK in terms of VAT or Tax?
    Anyone used Calumet in Belfast?

No problems with Calumet in Belfast, if they haven't got it in stock they'll have it delivered by courier for a tenner. I'd highly recommend them and prices are cheapest I've found. Got a 24-70mm and a D3 from them.

There are no vat or duty issues with importing from within EU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

No problems with Calumet in Belfast, if they haven't got it in stock they'll have it delivered by courier for a tenner. I'd highly recommend them and prices are cheapest I've found. Got a 24-70mm and a D3 from them.

There are no vat or duty issues with importing from within EU

EU Common market, once tax is paid in any eu. country its free to travel within the eu without customs charges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Will dabs.co.uk deliver to ireland or will they force you to dabs.ie

Theres a considerable saving to be made at .co.uk if you look at the price of the 5D MKII kit for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 justtim

richieg wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used cameraworld.co.uk?

Do jessops ship to Ireland?

Yeah jessops ship to Ireland you'll need to phone them though as their website doesn't register Irish postcodes, the d90 with 18-105 is 715 pounds which is just a shade under 800 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I recently bought the D90 with the 18-105mm lens from Jessops, no problem with the service or delivery and they shipped to my work address which is different to my credit card billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

check camerabox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Has anyone bought equipment from 7dayshop.com ?
    I've used them for consumables and memory products before but am unsure about buying a Canon 450D from them seeing as they are based in Jersey. Would I be liable for tax if it was caught by customs?
    There are a few other u.k. retailers with similar prices but the delivery costs up to £35. worth it for the piece of mind?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Scruff wrote: »
    Has anyone bought equipment from 7dayshop.com ?
    I've used them for consumables and memory products before but am unsure about buying a Canon 450D from them seeing as they are based in Jersey. Would I be liable for tax if it was caught by customs?

Yeah, I've used them many times before, for memory cards, filters, etc.

Yes, you can be liable to pay duty, since you're importing from outside the EU.

Advertisement