Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i boned?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so here's the scoop..

i've been working a job for 3 years and on thursday it looks like i'm going to be given a written warning. i probably deserve it, my performance has been poor for the past 6 months or so, i'm not into the work, have been looking to move but haven't had any joy so far.

now the thing is, i was fired from the last job i had before this one. So if things were to go pear-shaped here i would be left with 5 years worth of work on my cv that i have no reference for and 2 firings to explain to any prospective employer in future.

right now i'm considering just handing in my notice and getting out of here as fast as i can. If i take this warning i have no doubt that my boss will be looking to finish me off over the next month so would i be better off quitting before i get fired?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bloodedrose

You could go to your manager, apologise for your performance, and buck up?

I have been fired from jobs before, and always felt like a moron for not trying harder, even if I didn't like the job much.

You didn't say what it is you do, but there might be some kind of assistance available, coaching, courses or the like.

Don't just give up, try harder at your job, and don't get fired at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

plus a lot of bosses will throw u a positive reference in exchange for fcuking off.

Advertisement