Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn manager

Options
  • 16-12-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

The word coming from Scotland is that Owen Coyne has the job already .He is 10-1 in PP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

oldsmiley wrote: »
    The word coming from Scotland is that Owen Coyne has the job already .He is 10-1 in PP

I didn't realise Burnley was in Scotland.

Out to 40/1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

11/1 on pp.

I reckon Curbs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

oldsmiley wrote: »

Siad it already in the Sunderland thread that he should get the Sunderland job, this guys CV is very impressive and they could do alot worse imo, would also work well within what seems a very tight budget at Blackburn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

sm.org wrote: »
    I didn't realise Burnley was in Scotland.

Out to 40/1 now
    Would you not have had a few quid at the price instead of having a pop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Would you not have had a few quid at the price instead of having a pop :D

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For those of you interested in this market there are big rumblings of Keane coming from Villian and Lloyd, two very respectable posters

I honestly cant see Blackburn appointing a manager without premier experience. Start of the season sure but mid season when you need a seasoned veteran to keep you up, I cant see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

couldnt see it myself but alot of money has come for Keane on betfair and on paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My info was given in good faith and I have no reason to doubt but this is soccer and anything can happen.

Market udpate that Souness who was second favourite has ruled himself out, some good odds on Betfair for Keane but bet at your own risk, I've already got on as much as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Sam's the man, experienced and available ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Hopefully not, I backed Keane :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7787940.stm

Blackburn make move for Allardyce

Blackburn have made an approach to Sam Allardyce over the vacant managerial position, BBC Sport understands.
    However, it is not yet clear whether the former Bolton and Newcastle boss has been offered the job at Ewood Park.
    Graeme Souness has ruled out a return to Ewood Park, telling the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: "I'm not your man, I can definitely say that."
    Paul Ince was sacked as manager on Tuesday and Rovers hope to have his successor in place by Saturday.
    "We will endeavour to have a new manager in place for Saturday's game with Stoke City," confirmed chairman John Williams.
    "But there are no guarantees and we must ensure that we get the right man."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

These markets are always a joke...people coming on forums "a mate who works for blackburn" "A very good Source" Blah Blah Blah...it always turns out to be Bull....

The only way to make money on these markets is to lay the fav and profit from all these rumors...which is possbily what some of the posters above are doing....

The worst ever was the ireland mangers job...The amount of managers "seen at FAI office on Merrion Square" was unbeliveable....all turned out to be false of course.

It does now seem that Sam Allardice has got the job...so much for the "word coming out of scotland" and the "rumblings of Keane" getting the job....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

adrian522 wrote: »
    The worst ever was the ireland mangers job...The amount of managers "seen at FAI office on Merrion Square" was unbeliveable....all turned out to be false of course.

Yeah that was a good one, especially when the FAI had moved out of their Merrion square office...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

"Rumblings" coming out of Blackburn are that Big Sam has only got 5 games to sort Blackburn out.

Get on Big Sam for the sack race;)

adrian522 wrote: »
    These markets are always a joke...people coming on forums "a mate who works for blackburn" "A very good Source" Blah Blah Blah...it always turns out to be Bull....

The only way to make money on these markets is to lay the fav and profit from all these rumors...which is possbily what some of the posters above are doing....

It does now seem that Sam Allardice has got the job...so much for the "word coming out of scotland" and the "rumblings of Keane" getting the job....

He was the favourite and was tipped on this forum along with two other possibilities, what more do you want? Money to gamble with.

I must have missed your pick.

Advertisement