Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enlarging a photo..!

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Howdy,

I'm not sure if im posting in the right place but if I'm not...sorry!

So i have this picture, but there is a certain part of the picture i want to enlarge, is this possible? If so where could i get it done?

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

it is possible. harvey normans will scan your image (so long as its not copyrighted) for about 2-3 euro. i'm assuming they will also crop the image for you. There are a couple of factors though - how small is the area that you want to crop, the quality of the original image, the quality of the scanning equipment used.

also boards user stcstc does a great job with a professional service. he's worth a pm to discuss but don't be expecting a 2-3 euro job. he doesn't do the superstore thing. every job with him is unique and personalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

You can crop the image on the Fuji machines that Harvey Norman use.
    You'll probably get a quality warning though.
    I think it's best to get the job done "locally" by stcstc, or someone, where you can get exactly what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Silly_Sally

Thanks everyone...!

A friend of mine said to try our local fuji film shop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Howdy,

So i have this picture, but there is a certain part of the picture i want to enlarge, is this possible? If so where could i get it done?

Hi Sally,

I am assuming that the image you have is digital, is this correct?

If it is;
    How much of the image do you want to use? (half? quarter?)
    What size do you want the final image to be?
    What is the size of the original file?

CabanSail wrote: »
    Hi Sally,

I am assuming that the image you have is digital, is this correct?

If it is;
    How much of the image do you want to use? (half? quarter?)
    What size do you want the final image to be?
    What is the size of the original file?

Sorry I should have said this already, its a printed image. I want a quater of it enlarged to an average sized photo.

Its pretty obvious at how useless i am when it comes to photography! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not a problem Sally,

If you happen to have the negative, then that would be helpful.

If not then it can be scanned & reprinted (copyright taken into consideration)

As said above, there are places that will do this for a fee. The quality at the end will depend on the original image.

Thats great, i figured it would cost me anyways. The photo is mine (lost negative!) It seems I took on the project without really thinking about it!

I'll go to fuji film an see what they can do!

Thanks so much for the replies!!

Sally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Howdy,

Photoshop CS3+Genuine Fractals= Enlarged photo.

Simple really.

Advertisement