Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mould growing on doorframes of new house

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I'm building a new house (just finished plastering and have the doors and windows in) and lately I have noticed mould growing on the door frames and window boards. I probably should have sealed them when I first installed them. Is it ok to sand and seal them now or will I need to treat them to get rid of the mould first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Clean off the mould and let them dry out for a bit before you sand and seal them would be my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Cheers..I've done that but there is a bit of a stain left where the mould was (just a few patches). will the sanding clean this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Cheers..I've done that but there is a bit of a stain left where the mould was (just a few patches). will the sanding clean this?
    first was down with detol or any anti fungus wash-next paint on a damp proof sealer [solvent not a water base paint]

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

sanding wont get rid of the stains fully. it will dull them down a bit alright. you could stain the window boards a darker colour.

Advertisement