Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on a Toyota Celica GT4 cant get Quotes any Ideas?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi Everyone any advise would be helpful,I am looking to get insured on a Toyota Celica Gt4 1995 a Japanese one.Finding it very hard to get Quotes.I am 24 with 4 years no claims and two points which are gone in July.I was with Quinn and had a mivec lancer and then a 200sx,Took the 200 off the road to sell it and switched to insure.ie for the runaround a Polo when my renewal came up.now a couple of months into my 5th year they wont insure me on the celica?,So I will have to change companies.I qualify for trade insurance (i work in the industry)but that is working out a 2,500 a year which is quite high as i am not going to be trading.The only Quote i have gotten so far is 1800 from hibernian.I only really want the car for the weekend are there any limited polices i can get on this and take the no claims from my existing policy and put it on the celica.Or are there any chaeper insurance companies i can ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Usually Quinn direct will give a cheap quote on just about any car, but you'd be looking at a fortune in excess. That said, I turned down an M3 because they wanted 1500 for third party only with 4k excess. Give Tesco a call. They're brokers for Hibernian and will usually beat the Hibernian Direct quote.

Why a '95? A '96 (ST-205H) has more hp than a '95 (ST-205). And it just so happens that I'm selling a '96........ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Legally they have to quote you if you already have a policy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Barry walsh

Yes I know but i am trading my 200sx against it.And it is a st205H you can get them as far back as 1994.Cheers for the advise will try one direct

yes but they dont have to be reasonable with the price and i was told that it would cost over 2500

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you tried: http://www.xsdirect.ie/

Only thing is that the excess is high so it is a calculated risk.

It might also be worth waiting until July when the two penalty points expire. I can only imagine the combination of having penalty points and trying to insure a car like a Celica probably rings alarm bells with insurance companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I used xsdirect last year - service was good, was simple to set up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Usually Quinn direct will give a cheap quote on just about any car, but you'd be looking at a fortune in excess. That said, I turned down an M3 because they wanted 1500 for third party only with 4k excess. Give Tesco a call. They're brokers for Hibernian and will usually beat the Hibernian Direct quote.

Why a '95? A '96 (ST-205H) has more hp than a '95 (ST-205). And it just so happens that I'm selling a '96........ ;)

They're tied agents, not brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I very much doubt you'll get any limited use policys such as only using at the weekend. To be honest €1800 for a 24 year old isn't bad for a GT4, I wouldn't expect to get much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

agreed, I've just switched to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

it is a st205H you can get them as far back as 1994.

Hmmm.....might be messing up my models somewhat, but the '96 is not the same as the '95. I believe in the states there was all sorts of changes in '96 including the spoiler becoming standard and not just appearing on the GT spec. In Japan, the '96 came with a whole 15bhp more than the '95.

• Advertisement

http://www.cars-directory.net/

off topic again but look at this does not include special editions proper power figures you can compare yourself and yes this was the old au.vl catalog.its the bible as far as japanese spec is concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

steve06 wrote: »
    Legally they have to quote you if you already have a policy with them.

No, legally they dont, contact the IFF if you dont believe me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Iv insured a Gt Four Uk spec for €800 with quinn, the uk spec cars are a lot cheper to insure. Im selling it at the moment cos i got a M3 if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if you get refused a quote by 4 companies you can go back to the first one and they have to quote you

there is no limit to how much they quote you though
    they wanted 1500 for third party only with 4k excess

i dont understand this. as far as i know there is no excess on third party claims on private policies anyway

did they really tell you that?

Advertisement