Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birmingham

Options
  • 15-12-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be in Birmingham for NYE with the bird for a few days, ive actually been there 3 times now but only ever gone to 1 or 2 bars and clubs:o never done anything else, we'll have a bit more time this trip so can anyone recommend things to do,good inexpensive restaurants,etc,etc, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Villa Park ftw :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brumgum

jonny68 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be in Birmingham for NYE with the bird for a few days, ive actually been there 3 times now but only ever gone to 1 or 2 bars and clubs:o never done anything else, we'll have a bit more time this trip so can anyone recommend things to do,good inexpensive restaurants,etc,etc, cheers.

Sorry this is a bit late but might do for another trip. One of the best pubs in Brum is The Lord Clifden Gt Hamton St, smashing food friendly crowd, DJ nights etc,they even sell the art on the walls (see article below and at the botttom of article the pubs website) It has a sister pub the Red Lion in Warstone Lane.
    The Irish qtr in Digbeth has a couple of decent pubs, The Anchor in Bradford street wins awards all the time as it does the best real ale in Brum and does decent grub, the White Swan a few doors down has had the same Irish landlady since 1967 and has many original victorian features.
    The Wellington in Bennets hill sells a vast amount of beers and real ale and also wins awards and you can take in your own food and they supply the plates!.
    The Chinese qtr off hurst street has some great Buffet style restaurants the big wok being the best known and always has long queues to get in,hope this helps a bit,
    Brumgum.

http://tinyurl.com/6fxxc9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Arise Dead Thread!

I'm heading over there soon. Thurs/Fri I'm on a course but the evenings and Saturday morning and afternoon are mine. Flying back to Dublin Saturday night.

I wouldn't be a football fan, so let's rule that out. I generally enjoy looking through the old parts of town and some decent pints, if that helps.

Any pro tips?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Try the Wellington, just up from the Briar Rose on Bennetts Hill, you can take your own food in

Plenty of real ales and a rooftop beer garden

Approx £4 a pint / £4.90 for stout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

It has been years since I have been to Brum, if you like Indian food it is the place to be, local style is "Balti". Just check Tripadvisor for recommended places for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

otnomart wrote: »
    It has been years since I have been to Brum, if you like Indian food it is the place to be, local style is "Balti". Just check Tripadvisor for recommended places for it.

Try the New Soho tavern for this sort of food - a little bit out of the city this one

Indian / Balti with Sky sports etc

Asha's just off Colmore Row is very nice, but pricey

Lovely food here - plenty of others available

Advertisement