Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 1000D - Very quick question

Options
  • 15-12-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been a bit of lurker on this forum for a while now and have been weighing up if i'm going to make the jump to an DSLR. I'm leaning towards the canon 1000D and have been doing my research both online and in the shops.

However, i've just realised something I might have overlooked - does this camera have a macro setting so can take pics like the below or do i need I separate lens?

The spec on dpreview.com says it has a close up setting on Shooting Modes but is this something separate? http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1000d/page3.asp

3106478233_308184f903.jpg?v=0

Oh, the canon works out at €320 when cash back taken into account if i buy it in jessops in the North....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Macro would be down to the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Paulw wrote: »
    Macro would be down to the lens.

Thanks

**N00B alert**
    I'm looking into buying a second lens with a longer range - probably something along lines of 28-105mm or 50-200mm. Does that mean i should be looking out for one with a Macro feature or would it need to be a dedicated lense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

yup - lenses will have a stated macro designation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

The sigma 70-300mm lens has a macro function on it. You should be able to get a second hand one for around €100 o a little more brand new up the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Ballyman wrote: »
    The sigma 70-300mm lens has a macro function on it. You should be able to get a second hand one for around €100 o a little more brand new up the north.

Thanks for that - i realise the limitations of this lens (from reading previous reviews) but to be honest it will far outstrip my capabilities for a good while yet. Think i'll have a look into it. Cheers.
    And you right - £98 stg new in Jessops = €109

• Advertisement
Advertisement