Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising condom prices

Options
  • 15-12-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I do not in any way believe that Durex are raising the prices of their products, i believe it is a stealth tax from our government.

opinions anyone?

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Tax is set by legislation.

You cannot have a secret tax.

And retailers will do their utmost to avoid any taxes.

Thought priests were chaste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Stealth tax

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Vat was increased in the budget with effect from 1 December btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

They're raising the prices of condoms to put them out of the reach of the lower classes. Therefore increasing the birth rate and population and thus keeping us in a constant state of recession.

Or at least thats what Run_to_the_hills told me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I presumed it was because they wanted more tax payers in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Or maybe, just maybe Durex, as a company decided they wanted to make more money for their board and shareholders, so they put an increase on the price of their product, like the milk company does, and newspaper, bread maker etc etc It just might be that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

KTRIC wrote: »
    They're raising the prices of condoms to put them out of the reach of the lower classes. Therefore increasing the birth rate and population and thus keeping us in a constant state of recession.

Or at least thats what Run_to_the_hills told me :rolleyes:
    Links? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Just go to boots & buy 1 packet get one free :) Or better still buy in bulk of ebay making sure they are the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Tayto wrappers FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

Yeah they are putting up the prices of condoms to help with global depopulation of 80%

This forum is truely ridiculous.

Alot of ye go on all day about how awake and free-minded ye are, while following around Alex Jones' ill-informed bull****.

Everything's the devil!
    Yeah, the same BS that got us to this state in the first place that worked 100s of years ago. Ye really should be smarter than your ancestors, that's evolution.

I'm out anyway, hopefully you'll start using your brains instead of pretending you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Vat was increased in the budget with effect from 1 December btw.

Vat on rubbers condoms was reduced a few months ago to 13.5%.
    Thats known as the service rate btw. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I get mine from Condom King, a US distributer. 100 condoms (Durex) cost me 25euro incl. postage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ConcernedPriest

BrightEyes wrote: »
    I get mine from Condom King, a US distributer. 100 condoms (Durex) cost me 25euro incl. postage

could you sort me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

could you sort me out?
    http://www.discountcondomking.com/

Tell 'em Big Balls sent ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

BrightEyes wrote: »

Now you just have to meet a girl. :(

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Or maybe, just maybe Durex, as a company decided they wanted to make more money for their board and shareholders,
    Now thats just crazy talk! Throw some aliens in the mix and I might pay more attention.

I have all the bargain hunters beaten, $3.38/€2.50 for 50
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17873

And the marketing tag line
    Product of China -- where locals rely on such products to avoid birth control penalties (the government legally enforces birth control and fines "overage")
    So they must be good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement