Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi camera

Options
  • 15-12-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

aldi have a cemra coming up next week just wondered anyone know if its any good

i did have a really good camera fujifilm that i only bought a few weeks ago but some little **** stole it of me in town :( so ive decided to go for something cheep and cheerful

this ones only 100 euro, what i really need is a camera for nights out- so it just need to be good for night time shots, not really interested in video/special features but one like a decent zoom & for it to be pretty small :)

your help would be much appreciated caus i dont have a clue !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

What was the actual Camera...model?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

is this it?

I've never bought a camera from Aldi or Lidl but I've had a quick look at Argos and the price is quite good for what you're getting - 10 million pixels, 3x optical zoom, a 1G card and 3 year warranty.

Although, there is this Samsung one there for the same price with a bigger zoom and pictbridge, which might make things easier if you have one of those photo printers and want to print out your own shots?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rebranded vivtar again...best avoid can get alot better for 100 euro, any big brand will put it shame, ie. canon/nikon/fugi in the last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

rebranded vivtar again...

Ok - they re-brand stuff for Lidl/Aldi then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I would think something like this or like this would be a better buy.

They are 7MP cameras from Canon & Nikon, so the lens will probably be better. I know the Aldi one is 10MP but in a compact anything over about 6MP is really just marketing hype.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

artyeva wrote: »
    is this it?

I've never bought a camera from Aldi or Lidl but I've had a quick look at Argos and the price is quite good for what you're getting - 10 million pixels, 3x optical zoom, a 1G card and 3 year warranty.

Although, there is this Samsung one there for the same price with a bigger zoom and pictbridge, which might make things easier if you have one of those photo printers and want to print out your own shots?

yeah thats the one, thanks for your help might wait till after christmas and see if i can pick myself up a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

CabanSail wrote: »
    I would think something like this or like this would be a better buy.

They are 7MP cameras from Canon & Nikon, so the lens will probably be better. I know the Aldi one is 10MP but in a compact anything over about 6MP is really just marketing hype.

thanks a million- great help i think ill go for one of them, you saved me from wasting my money again hah

Advertisement