Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friendly during the break

Options
  • 15-12-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

right lads, the team that i play 11 a side with on sats is looking for a friendly, as the UCL is now on a break too. so, i was thinking tuesday the 30th???

does this suit and who cant play?? we could go for 2 hours (if we have enough players to pay the ref/pitch). last year, after the christmas break, we didnt win a game for about 6 weeks, so its obvious the momentum was lost as we were idle for 2-3 weeks.

thoughts please?

we drew 4-4 with this team in preseason, our first game. they (HBFC) have pretty much beaten every team put in front of them and have only lost once in 13 games, currently lying second in div 3b (games in hand) and odds on for promotion to division 2 next year. also favourites for the division 3 cup (35 teams) so there a decent side and have some cracking players. mark and ciaran also play for them.

i think we should go for it as we wont have a game for 3 weeks if we dont.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cant do the 30th am away in Kilkenny for 30th and 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

right lads, the team that i play 11 a side with on sats is looking for a friendly, as the UCL is now on a break too. so, i was thinking tuesday the 30th???

does this suit and who cant play?? we could go for 2 hours (if we have enough players to pay the ref/pitch). last year, after the christmas break, we didnt win a game for about 6 weeks, so its obvious the momentum was lost as we were idle for 2-3 weeks.

thoughts please?

we drew 4-4 with this team in preseason, our first game. they (HBFC) have pretty much beaten every team put in front of them and have only lost once in 13 games, currently lying second in div 3b (games in hand) and odds on for promotion to division 2 next year. also favourites for the division 3 cup (35 teams) so there a decent side and have some cracking players. mark and ciaran also play for them.

i think we should go for it as we wont have a game for 3 weeks if we dont.

Jesus lads you're playing at way too low a level :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I knew that 4-4 draw was better than we made out at the time and we were leading for long stretches of that game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Jesus lads you're playing at way too low a level :eek:

club is only a year old so have to start somewhere! goal difference is something cruel and also have the best defensive record in most of the divisions. the team is capable of holding well in division 1. above all else, the team enjoys playing together and there is no b*ll**** in the club as there is in several clubs that we have played against this year i.e. fighting with themselves, clueless wan*er managers on the sideline causing fights.

some terrible teams playing against us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mrgavo

I'll check my roster Ed and let u know tomor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hmmm, probably be away. Not final yet but definitely away early on the Wednesday so might have to sit it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I won't be at this.

Will be at a wedding.

Who the jesus gets married at Xmas/New Year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Des wrote: »
    I won't be at this.

Will be at a wedding.

Who the jesus gets married at Xmas/New Year :mad:

Jesus?? Seems like the sort of **** he'd pull to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'd be around for this alright. Are we talking astro or grass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

best go astro with the ****e weather. all public pitches are closed for next 3-4 weeks which is shocking.

by the way this is only a suggestion, nothin defo.

Advertisement