Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop to tv problem

Options
  • 15-12-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭

I bought svideo to scart connection along with adaptor for the sound, i tried it on normal tv downstairs and it worked fine. When i try it on my cello hdmi tv it's not a goer. It has 2 scart sockets and i tried it on each and flicked through the different options (vga,scart 1/2,svideo,tv,av etc) and nothing came up. I tested the tv with vga cable and works fine picture wise also on the cello tv no option for output comes up when i plug everything in and right click graphic options.

Any advice? i'd rather not buy more cables etc due to being poor,viva recession!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

does it have a dedicated s video socket? by the sounds of things, the other tv doesnt support S video over scart

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

sadly the cello tv does have a svideo socket

Is it a case of having to buy svideo to svideo lead along with wires/adaptor for the sound? or is there anyway around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah you'll need a dedicated svid to svid cable. what sound cables did you get? usually it would be a 2 rca to mini jack cable that you'd need but just double check if your tv has 2 rca for audio input.

adam

Advertisement