Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a pup...

Options
  • 15-12-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm looking for a pup... Anyone know of any poodle breeders in Ireland? and how much I'd be looking at to pay for one, not toy ones though! Or poodle cross puppies looking for a home? And before anyone says why dont i rescue one I have seriously tried, spent last two months visiting centres and calling places but have lost faith in rescue centres, so many calls and messages not returned and etc. etc. and its not that our house/family is not suitable before anyone suggests that either... we have two very happy dogs and two spoiled cats!! we live in a big house in dublin with a big garden and there are people home all day. in fact we havent even had a home check from any of the places I have applied to. anyway enough about that.

was very disappointed this weekend as I went up to look at a doberman family and drove the whole way up to enfield just to have my calls not answered!!! having such bad luck getting a pup!!! I love dobermans but my mum is not so sure, so I was taking her up to meet a family of them to show her what affectionate, well behaved dogs they can be. If anyone knows a reputable doberman breeder or has pups for sale either around the dublin area?

am so upset at just trying and trying to get a puppy... we have two lovely dogs, both females. one samoyed who is nearing the end of her long life, her heart is giving her terrible trouble and she has lost control of her bladder. and an irish terrier x that i rescued from my vet 3months ago, she is now 7months. we also have two male cats who are about 7months old. I have a five year old son too so any animal coming into the house needs to be ok with cats and kids!

any replies about dogs appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hiya I know there is a labradoodle in foster at the moment looking for a permanent home here is the link http://dogsindistress.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=317 good luck finding another if this does not suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

ye theres not often a lot of poodles to be got in pounds or rescues, they just dont come up that often. There is a free 6 month old Lab in the Homes Wanted section of this board.
    If you are not fussy about breed either there is a puppyrescue in Kilkenny, http://www.inistiogepuppyrescue.com/, or WWW.DOGSINDISTRESS.ORG often have pups in Ashton pound. Some more pups available here http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=67601
    Otherwise, contact the Poodle Club in Ireland, http://www.freewebs.com/poodleclubofireland/ and they should be able to recommend a good breeder. I can't find any links for a Dobie breeder.
    Just a note on the rescues, it's not that they don't want to return calls or messages, they are just so so busy. Obviously you have tried, but don't get too disheartened unless you call in person to them, or keep an eye on websites, they get so many calls a day, working with volunteers and on a very little budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

You might not be getting reponses from rescues due to it being so close to Christmas. Maybe try again in the new year? Doberman rescue: www.glenfitor.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lisaathena85

I had been to see this dog, Holly, when you posted this. But didnt hold up much hope as dogs in distress said they would not give me a female bcuz I already have two females... but thanks to the very hard work of her foster mum, Sharon, I was approved this morning. Just waiting now to see if she gets on with everyone in the house and then hopefully we'll have her settled for xmas!!!

So now I'm just waiting for doberman breeders to get back to me... Goin to go to the stephens day dog show and see if I can talk to them out there. Thanks for the help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I had been to see this dog, Holly, when you posted this. But didnt hold up much hope as dogs in distress said they would not give me a female bcuz I already have two females... but thanks to the very hard work of her foster mum, Sharon, I was approved this morning. Just waiting now to see if she gets on with everyone in the house and then hopefully we'll have her settled for xmas!!!

Thats great. I just received my first foster dog yesterday and she is the most tame beautiful little thing ever. I hope Holly fits in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Hi, I too am looking for a Doberman. Have had a look at 3 litters but didn't like the set up in two places and the last told me she had a dog left and when I got there it was gone even though I RANG JUST 2/3 HRS EARLIER.:mad: Anyway have called the kennel club and called and called always on lunch etc. I am thinking of going over to the uk , some nice dogs over there . will keep you informed.

Hi, I too am looking for a Doberman. Have had a look at 3 litters but didn't like the set up in two places and the last told me she had a dog left and when I got there it was gone even though I RANG JUST 2/3 HRS EARLIER.:mad: Anyway have called the kennel club and called and called always on lunch etc. I am thinking of going over to the uk , some nice dogs over there . will keep you informed.

please do... How much are you looking at spending to do that? I might look into that too.

I emailed a woman about her dobes. they are beautiful looking dogs
    http://www.simplesite.com/fitzkin
    but she hasnt gotten back to me yet. i should probably call...

Oh and I find the kennel club most unhelpful... thats why I'm going to the dog show so I can talk to the breeders. even if they dont have pups or aren't planning litters they sure as hell will know of someone... well I hope so anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement