Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adapter Lens - worth trying?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I haven't tried it but I was in the same position as you seem to be a couple of years ago. I was incredibly pleased with my Fuji bridge camera and i wanted to get everything that I could for it. In truth my ambitions for photography required much more and DSLR was really the only option so what I didn't spend at the time on adapter lens / filters / etc.. became the starting point for an upgrade to a DSLR.

I'm guessing that you'd notice some difference but i'm not sure whether it will satisfy what it is that you are hoping to achieve. The zoom on the fuji is very decent as it stands (that's one thing I absolutely loved on my Fuji way back when). The extender in theory will give you twice that optically. In the DSLR world extenders are likely to lead to loss of light which means that you'd compensate accordingly when using the extender by opening the aperture or lengthening the exposure time.

The filters that are usually recommended around here from time to time are Polariser and Neutral Density Graduated (ND Grad). The kit that you reference includes polariser but i'm not familiar with the others. In theory, the polariser will enable you to cut out the haze and reflections and is a very useful tool to have.

In the full range of my senses and assuming that you want to advance more into photography, i'd suggest that you'd save the €50 towards an entry into DSLR - some great deals to be had at the moment on entry level kit which are likely to continue. Second hand market is quite buoyant too - check over on adverts.ie. New entry with kit lens can cost as little as €350 which granted is a long way off the cost of the above package but maybe during the year it would be achievable. Alternatively if you go for it, you will have the gadgets to have a play with and get used to more creative photographic opportunities that they will bring.

good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I bought the Sony version of this kit about four months ago for my then Sony bridge camera.
    For the price, the kit was decent and useful. The filters were spot on.
    The wide angle attachment did what it said on the tin however it was heavy and put undue pressure on the lens.
    The tele converter didn't work at all. The camera couldn't focus with it on.
    Overall, for the price it's a decent buy for a bridge camera.

Advertisement