Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patiodoor Roller & Deadbolt assembly (in the Wood)

Options
  • 14-12-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all,

have any of you had to change the roller & deadbolt assembly in your patio doors?

Our door catches (big time) when the handle is lifted to lock the door and you basically have to use both hands to be able to lift it at all. It doesn't matter if the door is closed over or if it's left open. So there's no issue with mis-alignment of the two doors.

I have also had the whole assembly out of the door and it still catches. I can't see where it may catch and it also doesn't help using any kind of lubrication.

What I have managed to find out so far is that the manufacturer of the lock is G-U (Gretsch-Unitas) and that it's a "2 roller, 1 deadlock" assembly.

The issue is that I can for the life of me not find someone that stocks that kind of thing :confused:, so I would really appreciate if there's anyone that has any information for me?! :o

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I had problems with my door before but I used some silicone based lubricant where the bolts meet the other door and also sprayed some up into the mechanisms and that seemed to sort it.

Advertisement