Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG running out of original ideas?

Options
  • 14-12-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Last weeks edition was poor, very poor infact.
    And other recent shows were poor also, so i ask "Are they running out of good ideas for content?"

discuss!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Of course they are, its invetiable. Two Series a year, say 14 programmes,

They could change the format and review cars and motoring related stuff like the old days then they'd be fine but would people watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was half thinking the same, but then thought is it probably just because the new cars coming out are few, they need to do more bits space it out, hence the classic car russian bits last week, the classic cars james and clarkson got last season.

Still enjoying it anyway. loved the rocking chair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

It's a comedy show IMO.
    When clarky says a car is bad , it ususally means it's a well made, reliable & practical car.
    Ideas, since when did they use ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Last weeks edition was poor, very poor infact.
    And other recent shows were poor also, so i ask "Are they running out of good ideas for content?"

discuss!

In your opinion. I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I've never been watching topgear and said "Hey, this lacks original ideas I'm going to change the channel" I always enjoy Top Gear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Top Gears unoriginal ideas are better than most programs original ones. Well in the opinion of most petrolheads i spose.

Its veering along way from a serious car show alright but so what. Id much rather watch the Top Gear lads messin around then watch something like 5th Gear.

I think its a decent mix of information and entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Top gear is probably the best tv show on. Its comedy with a car theme.Yes the content could be better but so could most ot the ****e we watch.I hope it improves but its still quality...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The best way to defend TG is to say NO other show on earth would do what they are doing in the next programme.

Advertisement