Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Replacement Battery

Options
  • 14-12-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭

When myself and the missus got the laptop first we weren't aware that you should detach the battery when the laptop is plugged in so suffice to say the battery life isn't great. We get about 45mins from it now (with wi-fi turned on). So I was thinking about buying a new battery. I can get one through suppliers in work but they are quite expensive so I was wondering about buying one through ebay. Are they likely to be genuine, trouble free or best avoided?

The battery below is the one I'm after. Any help/advice would be much appreciated:
    http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=VGP-BPS8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never knew ya had to disconnect the battery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Anyone?
    Try Crucial.co.uk. They are very good.I got a battery for my laptop there with Dimms. Fast delivery and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Recently got a replacement battery from Mr. Ebay for a 5 year old Advent laptop.
    The original battery life was never great, only about an hour - but that's the way it was.
    I always kept the battery plugged in whilst on ac, and it was only in the last year that the battery became shagged. (and I rarely used it sans ac)
    So I reckon 4 years is a good life span!
    The battery from Mr. Ebay is bang on, and was good value - but let the buyer beware, not all sellers are good.

Advertisement