Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all our pork is British

Options
  • 14-12-2008 5:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭

was gobsmacked to see this sign in Dinn Ri last Sunday. How convienient..and what about supporting Irish producers??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you can understand why they have the sign up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

but why did they not see fit to advertise this fact previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Because we weren't in a pork scare previous to it. They are just letting their customers know it is ok to come in. Hardly irrational, just a company protecting it's best interest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They were pretty much advised to do so. The Irish pork industry has been damaged. There was (and some people would say there still is) a food scare for pork coming from Irish producers. Restaurants, Shops etc. all put up big notices stating they got their pork from other country's until the scare was rectified. If they didn't, business would have slumped.

Now they have been told to place new signs up assuring customers that the pork they have is approved Irish sourced with this new logo which is the symbol for such new pork.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

scare broke sat, they got all that pork by sunday? If they have been stocking foreign pork products all along I think it's a poor show not to have been using Irish product.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scare broke sat, they got all that pork by sunday? If they have been stocking foreign pork products all along I think it's a poor show not to have been using Irish product.

A lot of stores had it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

was gobsmacked to see this sign in Dinn Ri last Sunday. How convienient..and what about supporting Irish producers??

Would be gobsmacked myself..especailly at a time when we are loosing so many jobs. And locally 1,000 people work in Shillelagh at Kerry foods, and many of these are regulars at Mr. McLoughlins establishment.
    I do hope that this was a temporary measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

scare broke sat, they got all that pork by sunday?

Pigs can fly! :P

Advertisement