Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had dog nuetured....

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Had my dog nuetured on friday, she is fine EXCEPT for she wont let me out of her sight, she is wingeing/crying constantly when left alone, day & night, i thought she was in pain first night but as soon as I checked on her she stopped! Last night was the same. Tried leaving her in kitchen on her own today but she went mad, took neck collar off in case it was that but still wingeing. She stops as soon as people are around her. she's never being like this, its heartbreaking listening to her - She is used to being on her own so this is all new, and usually sleeps through the night no problem, any tips, im back in work tomorrow, so she'll be on her own for a while, cant leave her as she's sounds like shes being tortured besides she'll drive neighbours mad. I can take her to my mums for tomorrow but cant do that all the time - HELP It like all the good training is wasted in one day...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kazza23

Are you absolutely certain she's not in pain? I would take her back to the vets tomorrow just to be sure. I've had many foster dogs neutered over the last few years and none of them have been like that when they've returned from the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

She could be in pain, or she could be a bit disorientated. Has she been away from you before? She should settle down (once you've confirmed she's not in pain) in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

did she have disolvable stitches or the normal kind?

take her back to the vet, they should not charge you for this as it is basic aftercare.

if it was just friday, she could still be feeling a bit woozy from the drugs.

is she a soft kind? could the stay in the vets upset her a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

thanks for your replies, I spoke to Vet and then reckon she is just fretting & not in pain, when i described her symptons. And the bucket on her head not helping. Put an old blanket on mine on her bed and this seemed to work a treat. Folks doggysitting today and she seems fine. Back in vets today anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

LMC wrote: »
    thanks for your replies, I spoke to Vet and then reckon she is just fretting & not in pain, when i described her symptons. And the bucket on her head not helping. Put an old blanket on mine on her bed and this seemed to work a treat. Folks doggysitting today and she seems fine. Back in vets today anyhow.

Hope she is ok. I've heard a few disaster stories of post op problems with neutering so best get the vet to give her the once over just in case. When I had my girl spayed she gave me the death stare for about 4 days afterwards as much as to say "I can't effing believe you LEFT me there for a WHOLE day you weapon!" :p :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

:D Yeh might not be as easy getting her through Vet door this time...

Advertisement