Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechargeable Batteries

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Maplin UK site

1000mAh AA 12Pk £9.99

Delivery charge is £7.23 for any number of items.

So, get 10 packs (120 batteries) delivered for £114.33 [127.632 EUR], just over €1 per battery.

Current price is about €3 per battery.

Obviously, pass the batteries around like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

ch750536 wrote: »
    Maplin UK site

If you are so keen (as per your signature) on people not giving money to "the Brits" - why recommend we shop at UK sites? Bit hypocritical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Yes it is, well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Or if you don't want 120 batteries...

Aldi have 2300mAh (ie: much better than 1000mAh) rechargable AA's for ~€4.99 (4 pack). Thats on an ongoing basis (not a special offer)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

this thread is a bit of a Fail really so.

Well done for trying all the same,

any bargains on chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Have multiple packs of those batteries myself. They are scarce enough in Galway and Athlone Aldis though, I know for a fact they have none on display in Westside Aldi, Galway at the minute

• Advertisement

conical wrote: »
    Or if you don't want 120 batteries...

Aldi have 2300mAh (ie: much better than 1000mAh) rechargable AA's for ~€4.99 (4 pack). Thats on an ongoing basis (not a special offer)

;)

Those batteries are good for high drain devices, do they have any other ratings do you know? (1000 are great low drain for kids toys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dealextreme are great for both the chargers and the batteries.

Check their GP Recyko+ range, they're low self discharge so you can leave
    a fully charged battery aside and after a year it'll still have 90% of it's charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Dealextreme are great for both the chargers and the batteries.

No they are not...

I bought some thinking they were good... Some of the batteries were already split out of the pack and none of them were nowhere near the 2300mAh that they were advertised as.

Check the comments on Dealextreme.. and also ask any friends who've gotten them.. They are cheap, but very terrible. I'm actually afraid of them leaking or something in anything I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

7dayshop.com are pretty good for rechargables. Their own brand batteries come in a variety of ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I have the 2500mAh AA and 1000mAh AAA ones ones further down the page of your link. Have em for a few years and no problem.

Boo

• Advertisement

Cully wrote: »
    No they are not...

I bought some thinking they were good... Some of the batteries were already split out of the pack and none of them were nowhere near the 2300mAh that they were advertised as.

Check the comments on Dealextreme.. and also ask any friends who've gotten them.. They are cheap, but very terrible. I'm actually afraid of them leaking or something in anything I own.

Not sure what comments on the Recyko+ you're reading:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/BrowseReviews.dx/sku.8746

I've bought numerous packs and have had no bother and I'm using them alomost a year.

They're the same as these:
    http://www.batterycity.ie/batteries_gp_recyko-c-239_481.html?osCsid=af21d10b9b4676120c674aea0f49a400
    but half the price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

this thread is a bit of a Fail really so.

Well done for trying all the same,

any bargains on chargers?

Picked up a charger in Aldi yesterday for €9.99, and the 4 pack of batteries for €4.99.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219932

Same hybrid (ReCyko+) batteries are £8.99($13.58) in Maplin UK for 4.

plus delivery, only a bargain if ordering a lot (I have about 50 rechargeables at the mo).

Battery City

Duracell hybrids €9.94 ($13.44) plus delivery (€4.86 for any number of units)
    A bargain for 3+ units I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Do these batteries need special chargers or will a regular charger do ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

The new hybrid low self discharge batteries wil charge in any NIMH/NICD charger.

DX also offer discounted bulkrate prices if ordering three or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i use both deal extreame and aldi i cannot fault either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Kovold

Check those Guys out here Rechargeable.ie. By the looks the do various chargers as well.

Kovold

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

The new hybrid low self discharge batteries wil charge in any NIMH/NICD charger.

NiMH yes, NiCd usually no.

Advertisement