Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarettes in Dunnes Stores Northern Ireland

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Cigarettes in Dunnes in the North are now considerably cheaper than the south owing to the Euro/Sterling rate Dunnes offer.

As an example I bought Mayfair (100's) flashed at £4.80 a pack. Dunnes gave 90p for the Euro meaning each pack of Cigarettes I bought cost €5.53, these cigarettes are flashed at €7.15 here. A saving of over €18 on a 200 sleeve.

This is not a special offer, just a comparison on what I bought against a very strong Euro/sterling rate. I don't know the prices of other brands of cigarettes but there is definitely a saving.

To get this rate you need to use Euro when you shop unless you are gettting 90p for your Euro from another source. I don't think the rate on your credit card will be as good as this but I may be wrong.

i should say that Dunnes are offering this rate for all products they sell but I noticed a substantial saving on cigarettes in particular and thought I would let fellow boardsies know too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Yeah I noticed that they are a good bit cheaper when I bought a pack in Easons belfast.

Have still plenty of €2somthing packs I got in Spain last month. But that itself is really expensive compared to The Philippines.

There a pack cost 20 pesos. That is 31c for a pack of 20 or €3.10 for a carton that cost €70-€80 here.

boo

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

dont think ye should be promoting cheap cigs thats more of a death alert than a bargain alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JAMM222 wrote: »
    dont think ye should be promoting cheap cigs thats more of a death alert than a bargain alert!
    No worse than crossing the road on a busy day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Check out Captain Come Down. I bet you gets invited to a lot of parties. :P

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Sure we can ban drink promotions too while we are at it :D. Oh and then computer games too. Even posting here is bad for your health. Get out and do some exercie boys and girls the forum is closed.:eek:

Boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

muffler wrote: »
    No worse than crossing the road on a busy day

Thats the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Any Bargain Alerts for flights to the Philippines?

I dont see much ATM. €896 with KLM?

Advertisement