Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen - Skoda Octavia 07 D 55064

Options
  • 14-12-2008 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My bro's car was stolen in the small hours this morning, they broke into the house while everyone was asleep including children, to get the keys.

If you see it out and about please contact the gardai, you could pm me later.

* Under no circumstances tackle the occupants *
    1) They could be armed robbers who stole it for a job
    2) It could my bro having recovered the car

It's a VRS (thanks The Real B-man) higher performance than the standard model, but no distinctive mods visible.

47D95CD8D9604AA6B886EACF2EF1920E.jpg

Redouble your own security precautions in the run up to Christmas, after all the care and attention that goes into your car you can imagine how sickened you'd feel if the scumbags stole it.

Hopefully the eyes of the community will score another one against these gits.

Thanks and have a good one,
    D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

democrates wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My bro's car was stolen in the small hours this morning, they broke into the house while everyone was asleep including children, to get the keys.

If you see it out and about please contact the gardai, you could pm me later.

* Under no circumstances tackle the occupants *
    1) They could be armed robbers who stole it for a job
    2) It could my bro having recovered the car

It's an R something or other higher performance than the standard model, but no distinctive mods visible.

47D95CD8D9604AA6B886EACF2EF1920E.jpg

Redouble your own security precautions in the run up to Christmas, after all the care and attention that goes into your car you can imagine how sickened you'd feel if the scumbags stole it.

Hopefully the eyes of the community will score another one against these gits.

Thanks and have a good one,
    D

Will keep and eye out its a "Octavia VRS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Will keep and eye out its a "Octavia VRS"
    Much appreciated on both counts.
    Scary to think it could be used in a robbery in the run up to x-mas :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Much appreciated on both counts.
    Scary to think it could be used in a robbery in the run up to x-mas :eek:

More Likely on the boat to England robbers usually change the plates before they do so

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You don't realise how much it sickens me to see this. The fella who works for it always looses out.

I hope ye get the car back, and justic be served to the ****er who did it.

Update - the car has been recovered :).

My bro found it himself today and called the Gardai who have it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Any damage? wonder how many kms were put on it too.
    And how far from the place it was stolen from was it found?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Update - the car has been recovered :).

My bro found it himself today and called the Gardai who have it now.

CONGRATS TO HIM!!!!!!!!

were the keys in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That's great news, fair play to him. Do tell us the whole story when you get a chance.

Cheers all, no damage noticed yet so it's looking like a 'good triumphs over evil' story just in time for Christmas.

Can't say more right now with the investigation ongoing, but the brass necked stupidity of thieves and tenacity of my brother will bring a smile to your face.

Thanks all for the concern and have a very happy Christmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thats brilliant man, finally a good end to the story seeing as they dont normally end well! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement