Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating kitten poo

Options
  • 14-12-2008 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

My dog is eating the kitten's poo out of the little tray, does anyone know why she may be doing this. She has never lived with a cat before but they are getting on very well. Trilo the dog did have and does have a fascination with her kitten food so i'm thinking this may have something to do with her eating the kitten's poo.

The mutt did have a stroke or something a few months ago and her head tilts at a wierd angle now but her behaviour has started to return to semi-normal Trilo behaviour. She got very quiet for a few months and sleeps loads, into a state where you would have to touch her to wake her up.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas on the eating the kitten poo, do tell.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Unfortuanatley dogs love cat poo/cats dont absorp all the food they eat so thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Unfortuanatley dogs love cat poo/cats dont absorp all the food they eat so thats why.try putting pepper on it dogs tend to stay away from pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Hey there, my dog Otis loved eatting my cats poo:eek: Yuk
    He soon stopped in time
    The vet said there was nothing to worry about;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lol not much can be done unless you have a place where you can put the litter tray on a height.

They also love baby poop out of a nappy and my little dog loves guineapig poop, like little beans of chocolate to her. Mind you piggy poop is probably pretty healthy should give it as a treat lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Could you try using a covered litter tray? Hopefully the dog wouldn't fit through the flap at the entrance and wouldn't be able to get at the poo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

lol, they eat it because the cats dont digest all the fat from there food
    then it attracts the dog. pepper might work, or a little chilli lol

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Thanks guys. So now i know why they eat it, this is my first time ever coming across it and i've been surrounded by cats and dogs and horses and rabbits since i was a young one.
    We have moved the litter tray off the ground where she can't get it.

Oh and they are like best friends now, Trilo is actually acting like a puppy around the kitten wanting to play. It's deadly.

Advertisement