Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI - SCART

Options
  • 14-12-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Im getting a HDTV for Christmas and thought I needed HDMI cable to get the HD effect off the xbox but reading one of the threads here I realised my 360 probably doesnt have the HDMI output

Where would the HDMI output be on the 360, the only other port on the back of the 360 I can see would be a small square size port above the ethernet connection.

The scart itself has yellow/white/red but also has green/blue/??? which I never used, does this subsitute the HDMI? Will I get the same effect as I would off a HDMI cable? Bit confused here!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The large component cable will carry high def content, your HD tv should have component plugs at the back, there should be 5 connectors put in iirc...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20070809/360_hdmi_540x405.jpg

Thats a pic of the HDMI slot, so check if the back of your Xbox looks like that. If not, the component cable will do the job. Don't rule out the VGA connection though - better than component (video playback anyway) but not all HD TVs will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah I definatly dont have a HDMI slot, the slot I was on about was a bit bigger than USB slot. Will look into the VGA cable once I get my hands on the TV on the 25th, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id defo recommend vga as well

youll get a cable for about a tenner on ebay thatll do the trick, but to have sound youll need to buy a stereo rca to minijack connector

theyre a few quid in maplin

• Advertisement
Advertisement