Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat problems

Options
  • 13-12-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi I dont know if anyone out there can help but my cat who I love dearly will not use her litter tray, she prefers to relieve herself anywhere in the house, any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Let her out to do her business.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour/spraying/info.html

very good article here that should point you in the right direction ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Let her out to do her business.
    :rolleyes: i'm sure they've already tried that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Hey there, you could try placing the cat inside the litter tray every few minutes.......:)
    That's what i did when i got my 2 kitty's, i know it's an adult cat but try it out;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Has this just started happening or has she never used the litter tray? If it is a new thing she might have a urinary tract infection or cystitis. Just a thought, vet visit might be on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

Jules wrote: »
    Has this just started happening or has she never used the litter tray? If it is a new thing she might have a urinary tract infection or cystitis. Just a thought, vet visit might be on the cards.

+1
    if its a new occurance in a cat that was prviously litter trained then you should bring the puss to the vet. my old cat who was normally v.clean started doing this and it was a urinary infection. According to my vet, you need to be careful of this as some infections cause chrystals to form, which can cause blockages which in turn can cause very serious illness and in some cases death as the toxins build up and the liver can't cope.

poor old Suki is no longer with me, but she was prone to cystitis and urinary infections and had to be put on a special diet. She used to cost me a fortune, but was worth it!

Advertisement