Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 32" LCD €399 Sunday 14th

Options
  • 13-12-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Details here

Product_detail_Wk51S.jpg

Any thoughts?

* Switchable spatial sound
    * Display: 16:9 wide
    * HD Ready to 480p/576p/720p/1080i
    * 2 × HDMI input
    * Nicam Stereo Sound 2 × 10W
    * Contrast ratio: 4000:1
    * Brightness: 1500cd/m2
    * Resolution: 1366 (H) × 768 (V)
    * Response time: 6.5ms
    * 16.7 million colours
    * Viewing angle: 178°
    * 3D Digital Comb Filter
    * 7 day Electronic Programme Guide
    * SCART input: Full × 1, Half × 1
    * Wall mountable (bracket not included)
    * CI Slot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭breaux

Yep - my thoughts are you can get this in aldi in the north for €334. (£292 sterling). A saving of a whopping €65. They can stick it.................!!!!!!

Also - meant to add - how can a TV show a 7 Day EPG - what kind of rubbish is that....? Anyone know.?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

breaux wrote: »
    Yep - my thoughts are you can get this in aldi in the north for €334. (£292 sterling). A saving of a whopping €65. They can stick it.................!!!!!!
    Best of luck finding Aldi in Northern Ireland.

This TV is a rebadged Beko by the look of it, which was for sale in other electrical shops for the same price (albeit without 3 year warranty).

With relation to the 7 day EPG, the TV has inbuilt MPEG2 DTT tuner (Freeview), but won't be of any use to the most of ROI.

do you mean there is no Aldi in the north...? Thought they were everywhere. Stand corrected then.! I wonder how many northerners will be coming south then to snap up this bargain seeing it's not on their doorstep. !! traffic queues should be similiar to what we're seeing in Newry.!!
    And why even mention a 7 day EPG if it's not even available here which goes to show that this TV is meant for the UK market only and the only change they have made on the ad is to increase the price by €65. Rip off the paddy again - they are as bad as the rest of them...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Actually half that would be the extra VAT and PRF levy.

• Advertisement

Also - meant to add - how can a TV show a 7 Day EPG - what kind of rubbish is that....? Anyone know.?

Tis ok for the border regions which can picked FreeView from the north.

It has a CI Slot, so _might_ be adaptable for our service with a suitable card.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

do you mean there is no Aldi in the north...? Thought they were everywhere. Stand corrected then.! I wonder how many northerners will be coming south then to snap up this bargain seeing it's not on their doorstep. !! traffic queues should be similiar to what we're seeing in Newry.!!
    And why even mention a 7 day EPG if it's not even available here which goes to show that this TV is meant for the UK market only and the only change they have made on the ad is to increase the price by €65. Rip off the paddy again - they are as bad as the rest of them...!!!

You really just want to moan dont you? Plenty of sets have built in freeview tuners. My Sony 50" does too.

As for driving to the north to save €65 on a tv, good luck to you.

What do you woork at btw? Stick up you salary here too and we can get someone from the north in the same job to put theres up. Then we can organise for you to be paid the same as them. Cant have the poor Irish employers getting ripped off.

EDIT. Just taking the jobs advertised on the Aldi site with their graduate program. The UK site offers "£40K for starters" (at current rates thats €44.5k ish) while the irish one offers "€58K for starters" . OMGOMGOMGOMG rip off the limieys as usual!!!!eleven!!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

So anyway......any more thoughts on the TV?

Stekelly wrote: »
    The UK site offers "£40K for starters" (at current rates thats €44.5k ish) while the irish one offers "€58K for starters" . OMGOMGOMGOMG rip off the limieys as usual!!!!eleven!!!!!.

And still people wonder why they are more expensive down here..

If one wants NIO prices down here, will people accept NI salaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You cant really go wrong for the price!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

bigkev49 wrote: »
    So anyway......any more thoughts on the TV?
    cntrast ratio 4000 to 1 seems low. got a philips 32 in tesco for 449 with a cr of 30000 to 1. Tesco still have a lot of TV's tho not a 32 at that price afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

32" for €400 is no longer a bargain, imho. It used to be, but these days you can get decent brands, some even with full HD in that range if you shop around (hint: north)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Home entertainment, displays forum
    >>>>> plenty of advise there

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement