Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derilect House on Carlow Bypass What Happened to it?

Options
  • 12-12-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Have driven on the Carlow (Motorway) Bypass quite a bit, and a place that always got my curiousity going is this house its built in kind of mock tudor style, and has stables to the side of it and horse obx and other stuff at the front. As you driving on the bypass hjeading towards Castledermot driving along a good bit its on the right hand side set back a bit from the bypass with a few houses round it. It looks like it had been fire damaged but I dont know, it kinda looks like someone wrecked the gaff big style if it had the roof is badly damaged and windows are ripped out, its looks a newish enough house to be abandoned like that. Was just wondering if anyone knew what happened that it got this way?, or is there a story behind it?. It always gets me curous when I drive past it.

Thanks in Advance Spartan33

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bull1648

House got burnt down about a year ago.Accidental kitchen fire i think.My friend owns it.Still lives there in part of the house.
    really sad story to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SPARTAN33

Thanks for the reply, thats sad to hear about what happened to your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

bull1648 wrote: »
    House got burnt down about a year ago.Accidental kitchen fire i think.My friend owns it.Still lives there in part of the house.
    really sad story to be honest

Yeah Ive noticed that house too, its a striking house.

Advertisement