Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cattery in Dublin!

Options
  • 12-12-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my Fiance are going away over Christmas to visit her family in Spain and we need somewhere to put our cat for a week or so.

Can anyone recommend a good boarding Kennel for her in the dublin area. I don't have a car so somewhere where they could collect her from us and drop her back would be preferable. (or near to the city centre either)

She's not neutered (she is a stray we have taken in over the past couple of months, you may have read my earlier thread about adopting her). She has been checked by the vet and Vaccinated however.

Any recommendations of clean, safe boarding Kennels gratefully accepted!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

2 weeks before christmas, one of their busiest times, you'l be lucky to get a slot.

I use a cattery in Rathfarnham, south dublin - they don't do collection but their service is 5 star. Pm me for their number.

Another cattery that has been recommended to me is alpine cattery (google them). I havn't used them but have heard good things about them.

Some vets also do boarding, check around your local vets. Also ask in the vets for reccomendations.

Its worth visiting the premises before you put your cat in, just to make sure that you're happy with the service being offered.

And well done for taking in the little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Well done for taking her in, but you will be lucky to get a space at such short notice, some places aren't up to scratch so if you do find somewhere make sure you check it out first.
    Or alternatively you might be able to find a pet minder that can pop in to feed the cat instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

If you're willing to travel there's a great place in Drogheda:

http://www.allpets.ie/cattery.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

What dates are you looking for your cat to be minded? I take cats in for home boarding in my house. I have excellent references and plenty of love for your pet. They get their own room, not a cage and get loads of attention. When I am home thery can go where they like. They are allowed to sleep on couches and get a little holiday of their own. If you want to PM me and see if your dates suit, feel free.

Advertisement