Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Mahatma coat stand down as mod

Options
  • 12-12-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hurry up and get in before the forums favorite Mod throws his toys out his cot again an locks it. Mahatma coat has abused his role as a Mod and as can be seen here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthrea...5435906&page=3

Mahatma should either stand down or be removed from his role.

Should Should Mahatma coat go 22 votes

Stay
    0% 0 votes
    Go
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Go as mod, but not as a user. if you look back at the Mod thread, one of the first things he did when made mod was boast that he could now ban people. Funny that this should happen in a forum where most of the threads are devoted to watching out for NWO because too much power is a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You realise that as a mod, he can edit this poll?

/stir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

One of his quotes was in the line of "I can has banhammer!"

If you are very clever you might see that he was joking and that you might be overreacting a bit. Also your link isn't working.

And this looks like your having a whinge on two threads with your small entourage. I cant see why you would even give a crap about the modding on what i expect you believe is a forum of ignorant theories.

Edit:
    starn wrote:
    paticularly insulting and hurtfull. The guy is a little Hitler. Trying to overcompansate for having no dick. I quesion wherather he should even be allowed post on Boards let along moderate a forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58244081&postcount=14
    Ahh seriously wtf man. If it was me id make an apology to the Econimist, ban you and delete your threads.

Vendetta?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This thread is unfair on MC and should be closed. Any discussion of his modding ability should be made in the right place when he has a chance to defend himself, not quick before he throws "his toys out his cot again and locks it."

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I agree with The Economist. Internet polls never work also.

There is another thread on this forum concerning MC, even that thread may not be in the best forum for the topic. I don't want to close this or move it so will let a CT mod do what they think. But it shouldn't be here imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Gordon wrote: »
    I agree with The Economist. Internet polls never work also.

There is another thread on this forum concerning MC, even that thread may not be in the best forum for the topic. I don't want to close this or move it so will let a CT mod do what they think. But it shouldn't be here imo.

Ok Gordon. Seamus has washd his hands of this and the other thread was started when Seamus locked this one. If not in this forum and not in Helpd desk forum then where

Vendetta?

No but I do have a problem with his anti semtic stance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Gordon wrote: »
    But it shouldn't be here imo.

Where else should it be?

Its been pointed out that as a "Hosted" forum, its not really a boards issue...which only leaves here or nowhere.

I (or the other CT mods) could go with the "nowhere" option, shut and lock the thread...and then sit back and smile as the outrage against my censorship overwhelms the internet.

Or we could let people blow ona bit more, then point out that they're so busy expressing outrage, engaging in a witchhunt, and being downright nasty at times that they've completely forgotten the discussion about what we should do with the charter.

Maybe they'll go back to it, and seriously think about where they want this forum to go. Maybe they'll even get around to having a discussion about what opinions people are and are not allowed to have on this forum....because that seems to be at the root of things.

And then....maybe someone will have the idea of suggesting that there be some sort of "mod control" enshrined in the charter.

But while I'm having my 2 cents....people seem to be doing their utmost to get banned on the anti-Mahatma threads.

Lads...let me make this clear...there is nothing in the charter which says that something should be done against people who hold opinions you don't like. There is, however, stuff in there about abuse to other posters. Enough is enough. Calm down and rediscover politeness, or step out of the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sounds to me like op is the mod who is throwing his toys out of the pram. Stop whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

bonkey wrote: »
    Where else should it be?

Its been pointed out that as a "Hosted" forum, its not really a boards issue...which only leaves here or nowhere.
    True. Ignore me.
    Maybe they'll go back to it, and seriously think about where they want this forum to go. Maybe they'll even get around to having a discussion about what opinions people are and are not allowed to have on this forum....because that seems to be at the root of things.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Where else should it be?
    Good point.
    Maybe they'll even get around to having a discussion about what opinions people are and are not allowed to have on this forum....because that seems to be at the root of things.

Maybe on a grander scale, but the issue at hand was a shocking moderating decision. I've no problem someone testing out their new mod powahs. But do it to a mate and send them a PM. I wouldn't even have minded had I got a PM saying "Hey, sorry about this, any chance you could give me a dig-out at unbanning someone?" That'd be fine. The manner in which it's delivered makes a considerable difference to the reaction. Gloating, refusing to apologise, and even having the gall to continue defending a decision, is extremely poor form.

MC is a new, inexperienced mod and I'm not going to call on him to resign. At this point in time my position is that he should get back to getting some respect from the community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I didnt think I gloated, I didnt refuse to apologise, you're just impatient, and as for defending my decision, well yes I defend my decision, maybe I should have tried it on someone else but you raised the point and I acted impeteoutesly

Sorry.

Where else should it be?

And then....maybe someone will have the idea of suggesting that there be some sort of "mod control" enshrined in the charter.

But while I'm having my 2 cents....people seem to be doing their utmost to get banned on the anti-Mahatma threads.

TBH Bonkey I dot envy you. This forum must be a pain in the arse to moderate. To be fair,as far as I can see you have always been fair and impartial in your dealings

But MC isnt making it any easire for you. MC posted this [here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417994&page=4 post 52 ]
    as I see it if you or anyone else comitted a Bannable offence then you would
    be banned, I'm fairly sure that if I banned you out of Petty spite it would be one of theshortest lived Modships on Boards.

also I firmly disagre with Deleting Posts, I might edit something if it breaches the rules but thats about it.

Youve already done both. Its very clear that MC is abusing his Mod status. The question is now will he cop the funk on or keep pissing about. Cause if he's just going to piss about find some one else im sure Garth37 or Sofa King or even WhaLoShi would make a much better Mod

And MC can you please tone down the whole anti Jew stuff. I find it very offensive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

What is your Fvckin problem sunshine, I read the stuff you said about me in the helpdesk/feedback threads, be grateful I dont push to have you sitebanned for abusive comments.

I fecked up while testing something out, something which BTW had nothing to do with you.

you and your little clique are skating on very thin ice, when I logged in this morning I thought it was funny that so many threads had been generated by one little fvckup which was meant as a harmless joke.

HOWEVER having read the threads I am deeply offended by the conduct and comments of you and one or two other posters.

I'll give you a chance to explain yourself and appologise.

What is your Fvckin problem sunshine, I read the stuff you said about me in the helpdesk/feedback threads, be grateful I dont push to have you sitebanned for abusive comments.

I fecked up while testing something out, something which BTW had nothing to do with you.

you and your little clique are skating on very thin ice, when I logged in this morning I thought it was funny that so many threads had been generated by one little fvckup which was meant as a harmless joke.

HOWEVER having read the threads I am deeply offended by the conduct and comments of you and one or two other posters.

You sir, have deeply offended me as a mod for the following reasons:

1) Users generally see mods as a group. Ie, users and mods. Most of them don't get that mods are mods of their forums alone and just normal users outside of this. They just see the username in bold. Not an ideal case, but its what happens in general.

2) As such, when someone make a fuck up of a mod decision, like going off on your little power trip, it reflects quite badly on mods as a group. It makes a total mockery of the work put in by us mods who don't go around trying to inflate our epenis at every opportunity

3) This mockery is further compounded by the fact that you are going around now, acting the hard and tough man. This is not the way that modship works. You are a janitor, you delete spam, enforce the charter and enforce the rules of boards.ie. That is all. You aren't a dictator and the day you start trying to influence the path of discussions by using mod power is the day that you step down as mod. By doing so, you are just confirming to us all that you are just a prick and a cunt. You again make a total mockery of the rest of us who mod properly by the fact that we being mods will be seen as being on the same 'team' as you.

Your ''power'' as a mod comes from having the respect of the community. They should listen to you because they trust you, not because you threaten them. But trusting you is a hard thing to do, especially when you are acting the big tough mod and as an immature prick.

Cop the fuck on and grow up.

MC, your response to this post should have been:

I have apologized to The Economist, I made an error. The issue between has been resolved.

Instead, you threaten sitebans? Tosser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thread locked. theres a thread in the Feedback section of boards on this topic already so take it there.

Anyone re-opens a thread on a similiar topic in the CT forum will earn an immediate 2 month ban

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement