Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 20d - Spots

Options
  • 12-12-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question someone may be able to help me with. When taking photo's, especially into the sun, a number of dots show up on my pictures. I've cleaned the lens and so think there maybe dust on the sensor.

What is the best way to verify this, and if it is the sensor how do a I go about cleaning it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

It prob is dust on the sensor. I've had this problem on my 30D. I brought it into my local camera store for a cleaning in Drogheda. They can clean it for you.

Only cost me 5eur.... Dunno if all stores charge that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

bmcgrath wrote: »
    Only cost me 5eur.... Dunno if all stores charge that much.

Very good price!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Very good price!! :cool:

It helps to build up a relationship with your camera store.
    I get 18 inch prints for 5eur each and 30inch for about 12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

If you use the search tool and search for "dust" or "dust on sensor" you'll find lots of threads which give you tips on how to check if it's your sensor or not that is dirty.

If you find it is your sensor then the first step IMO is to try a rocket blower. If this doesn't work then you can look into other cleaning methods. A 'wet' clean in any of the shops in Dublin can be quite expensive, if they will do it at all for you. I ended up buying the stuff and doing it myself.

Advertisement