Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Player Of The Year 2009

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas for the winner of this?

Messi is currently favourite @ 15/8
    Ronaldo is 7/2
    Kaka is 6/1 and Torres is 11/1

Im not a fan of his but I would have thought Ronaldo was a sure thing after the season he had. IMO Messi is the greater of the two but thats not the point,surely Ronaldo had a better year??

Also why is Kaka 3rd fav ahead of Torres who scored a winning goal in the Euro Final ffs.

Am I completely missing something??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

When is this draw on?
    For what period does it relate to?
    Where did you get those prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kaka did nothing in 2008, Milan nowhere, Brazil nowhere. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Warper wrote: »
    When is this draw on?
    For what period does it relate to?
    Where did you get those prices?

Jan 3rd.

I presume 2008?

Paddy Power

Sorry, just read it applies to 2009, ts awarded in 2010. D'OH

Id thought Id found the bet of the year, was about to ring the bank manager;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

if it applies to this season,messi is the definite favourite,ronaldos not having a great year so far,as a utd fan he's ,if at all possible,more irritating than ever.no doubting he's a great player and any team would want him for his abilities but his attitude...well we all know what his attitude is like.surely by the end of the season torres will be up there,but with the hammy his seasons been so stop start he hasnt really gotten into the groove he got in last year.i dont know much about how kakas getting on,my interest in serieA is small at best.right now the only money could be on messi.if barca do as well as everyone is expecting in the champers that will guarantee it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lots of things could happen in the meantime, but if there is any justice, Messi will stay injury free and walk this. Fantastic player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I reckon Ibrahimovic could be a good bet depending on the odds. Inter are walking away with Serie A already, Ibra's by a mile there best player, forwards have a great tradition of winning and if Inter do better than Barca in the Champion's League game is very much on

Is there betting available for this years at all? Cant find it anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is there betting available for this years at all? Cant find it anywhere
    no i cant find any either

Advertisement